Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Auyto View switching TV on when Tv in standby

• 26-02-2002 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭

this happened the weekend. i had auto view set to change channels and the tV on standby. i found out the tv was on when i got up. I have scart control on. Why is this.
    can anyone shed light on this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

Originally posted by Kevin
    I have scart control on.

I think the answers in your question! I notice things like this on my TV also - though I have used autoview to change satellite channels for recording, and the TV never came on. My TV is quite old though, and perhaps this is a newer feature.

Isn't there also some sort of 'Scart Control' for your video? Whereby either it controls the box, or the box it? Or am I fantasising. I know my video (which in contrast to my TV is quite new) has some sort of 'satellite' feature that I haven't worked out. I suspect it may have something to do with Videoplus.

Anyone who can shed more light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

there was a thread earlier somewhere about controlling the video with scart control, but i cant find it now

does anyone else remeber this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I think you'd be looking for :
    *This*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

happened to me a few times too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I have a sony video which is supposed to have digital STB control...unfortunatly i gave up trying to get it to work. The code for the remote didnt work (it's also a sony STB) It comes with an Infrared emitter thingie which has to be placed within line of site of the IR receiver of the STB, i don't much like this. Does any one else find that auto view doesn't change the channel until about 4 minutes into the prog?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Hi everyone,

I started that thread about the VCR control. In the end I did buy a Sony 710 which does indeed start recording when the autoview triggers it. Seems to work, but did have one overrun on one program so far...

Actually I actually find the picture quality not too much better than my old sanyo and I kind of regret not buying the SVHS JVC model in Argos.

Anyhow, I digress...

Kevin, are you sure that your TV is connected to the TV scart port on the digibox?

The VCR SCART is set up to switch on PIN 8 of the scart when an autoview triggers. This is designed to start VCRs recording but maybe it would wake a TV up too.

Of course the TV socket should be connected to the TV because only that port supports RGB and that gives a much much better picture. VCRs don't support RGB (maybe DVHS, but that's out of most people's league). and remember that you need to switch on rgb through the system setup menus.

Ix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Originally posted by ixtlan

The VCR SCART is set up to switch on PIN 8 of the scart when an autoview triggers. This is designed to start VCRs recording but maybe it would wake a TV up too.

Ix.

You need to make sure you have a fully wired SCART lead. It seems that you can get a scart lead where pin 8 is not connected. I read that in a Home Entertainment mag so it must be true

• Registered Users Posts: 33 digitalman

A strange thing happened me tonight.I set the planner a couple of days ago to remind me about a movie this friday night at 8pm on premier and had auto view also set on it.Tonight
    at 7.59pm up pops the reminder ......2 DAYS EARLY.
    Are sky ever going to get these bugs sorted out.This is why i never use the planner as before i used it as well and it came on at the wrong time.
    Does anyone find the planner reliable?

cheers ...digitalman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

the planner is reliable-ish
    but the series link, now thats a different kettle of fish altogether
    it seems to "work" for the first selected episode of the series but thats about it.. ie. it doesnt work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i double check which scart sockect the scart cable is connected to when i get home tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement