Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you live for

Options
  • 26-02-2002 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Its that time again ;-) mark is posting a waffly thread.

So the question is "what do you live for?"

I live for

Love
    technology
    sex
    music
    laughter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

Well,I live for life, but the things that I enjot most in life are

music
    sport
    family
    friends
    fun
    love
    craic
    and finding out new things :)

Or to put it another way,everything. I love my life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I live for:

Friends
    The search for happiness
    Family
    The search for others just like me (though that part was pretty much fulfilled when i went to CTYI)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Things i LIVE for:
    >Love
    >Friends
    >Laughter
    >Music
    >Technology
    >Fun* (with friends)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

To quote:
    "I live for sodomy!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I live for a vicissitude of darwinian id like impetuses which compell every organism in some shape of from on this planet.

How was your day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

music and people.

on another note, if you were all to die tomorrow, would you feel fulfilled? like you'd lived your life the way you wanted?

and if you were all to die in a year, what would you change in your lifes so that you would feel fulfilled by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I live for....

fun
    hugs
    friends
    relationships
    interesting discussion with strangers
    fun time spent with friends
    learning stuff
    finding ways of expressing things
    talking about things
    the idea of making a difference to someone

:)

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

If i was to die today, i would not feel fulfilled.

There are so many things that i have yet to do.

If i was to die in a year, i would appreciate every day. i would read in any spare time, and try to learn as many things as i could about us and why we are here.

At the same time, i would learn to appreciate all my friends more, and attempt to be less shy about a lot of things.

</rant>

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Retribution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Live for...? Interesting... Im not sure I live 'for' anything, really, but since people seem to be putting down things that they do, I would say
    Music
    Film
    Computer Games
    because they affect me emotionally (well, the good ones anyway).

Fulfilled, lol! What does that mean? If I were to die tomorrow, I wouldnt feel anything! Tell me Im terminally ill, and Ill tell you what i feel. I couldnt tell you offhand.

If I were to die next year...? Well, I guess id make sure that by that time I was thoroughly broke, exhausted, and wanted in most major countries of the world!

>M<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

lol,nice reply Adam ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

If I died tomorrow I would be happy, of course there are things i would like to do, but they will not change who I am if I died without completing them... i am the me that is the very best for this very second :)

And in a years time... i would like to try to make more friends, but change nothing else. :)

<< Fio >>

If i were to die today I think i'd feel annoyed that i hadn't completed more, but relieved that at least i could stop trying...

If i had my year... probably a rampage and a large and fun sexual one at that... but no... i'd probably walk out in front of car by accident and be killed 3 days into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

To live the adventure.

Experience the wonders all around us, to fully embrace the wide and wonderous variety of emotions and feeling available to us.

To leave an impact on those we leave behind so that our memory may live forever.

Nice topic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

what i live for??
    laughter

if i died tomorrow?
    yes,i would feel fulfilled

in a year?
    i'm not really sure what i would change,there are things i would like to change that would be beyond my control,but as for things i could change.....i don't know.i'll get back to you on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

this might sound crazy, but just a few weeks ago, my friends and i all had this discussion and i was intrigued so i decided what i would do if i had a year left to live. During the beginning, i wouldnt change much, but i would get the rest of it planned out. i would tell everybody i know all of the things that i had never told them. And as the year got closer to ending i woud try all of things i was afraid would have long term effects. and as i got to the last 2 months or so, i would have wild rampant relations iwth strangers, and do crazy things, and tell people the even DEEPER secrets, plan my funeral bash, etc. IN the last 2 weeks or so, i would commit crimes and just go totally nuts. I am sure of it. i would go crazy. And i even decided to make my actions grow in craziness as i got closer to the date, because wouldnt it suck if you robbed a bank and got caught and put in jail for the rest of your year that you had to live? or went sky diving on the second day and had a malfunction in the plane and it crashed and you died? yeah. no im not suicidalm, but i figured it would be nice to have a plan if iever found out i had a year left to live.

i also had a dream once that i had prostate cancer, which is odd because i am a girl and therefore dont have a prostate. An dthen i told the "make a wish" foundation and they let me travel all over the world to say goodbye to everybody. and then i found out that i really didnt have prostate cancer, and my test results got mixed up with someone elses. except its really weird that i would be getting tested for prostate cancer anyways.... oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Actually, dying could be a lot of fun if done properly... :)

A

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

I live for

- friends
    - love

and I have one of them

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Asuka
    Actually, dying could be a lot of fun if done properly... :)
    Please limit the number of body parts to one body bag and one bucket.

i almost proved that dying could be fun today... mmm... sweet caffeine... how i long for thee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement