Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting me a laptop...

• 26-02-2002 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Thought your infinate widsdom could save me some hassle:

where can I look into getting a new laptop that isn't obvious like compustore or dixons. Dell seem to have upped their prices...

All I want is one for college work - with 98 or XP and a USB port. Keeping it under eu1,200 - prefrably less than that.

Any small businesses in south Dublin or anywhere around that you'd recommend?

Makes & models info. also accepted :p

Thanks in advance.

Bri.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Dawn Computers have ex-gateway stock laptops cheap?
    Worth checking anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Any small businesses in south Dublin or anywhere around that you'd recommend?
    PC Peripherals (Stillorgan) usualy have good prices, but I'm not sure if they stock/build laptops ... you could always give them a try though.
    The rest of their contact details are at www.pcp.ie - but ignore the price-list because apparently they no longer update it. :)

<<shrugg>>
    Seems laptops are expensive where ever you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If you want a really cheap one .
    there is a guy on south circular in dublin .
    think he called SCR computers ,they are cheap refurbishments.
    Not going to be state of the art but might do the job for you i got a Compaq Armada 1750 for about £400 last january
    Kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

strictly on the qt everyone but I heard that PC Peripherals have money probs so you have been warned!;)

Advertisement