Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S'up with ClickPay ?

Options
  • 26-02-2002 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Does anyone know what stage ClickPay[1] are with their e-Commerce system ? I wanted to use it for a client's site back in September, but they said that they would prefer us to use the ClickPay2 system, but will be launching in October. Used another company.

Come November and a second client, but it was still in development, due to launch in January...

January, and a third client comes knocking on my door. ClickPay due to launch start of Feb.

Been in contact with them three times this month (two ph calls, one email), each time they promised to send me some info via email+snail mail. No word, so have they even haven't finished CP2?

Just want to know if anyone else has been able to get anything out of them?

[1] http://www.euroconex.com/clikpay.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

One Word -

www.payandshop.com

Works with BOI, AIB and all the Irish banks, they know their stuff and have API's in all languages for all platforms,

Give Colm Lyon a call or check the site for more - highly recommended! Tell em I sent ya! :)

Stephen Mc Carron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

How much does that service cost steve?

Depends on volume, etc, but prices for small transaction volumes run fairly low , about the 50 euro a month mark if I recall correctly.

Best thing to do, is call/email Colm and ask for a price, they are very quick,

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

Cheers for your recommended [1] link Steve (can I call you Steve?) I definitely will give them a call if/when a client begins to hassle me about an eCommerce site :)

I would have thought that ClickPay would have had great potential as being run *by* a bank, it would have been a secure, and more importantly, trustworthy method of protecting a customer's c/c's on the net. i.e. by allowing the bank to take the c/c's directly over the net.

Another option I pursued was Esat's eStore [2]. But being a newcomer to the game I thought I'd give them some time to grips with the industry. They made some big promises to me at the beginning about how much publicity my clients could potentially get if I went with them, but I haven't seen/heard about they're proposed shopping mall site? I got the impression that it would take the form of a plug the shopping section on IOL [3], oh well.

[1] http://www.payandshop.com/
    [2] http://www.estore.ie/
    [3] http://interactive.iol.ie/leisure/shopping/index.htm

Hi Pete :)

Clickpay is run by Euroconnex - who are not a Bank, just a (former) division of one. They are now an independant company.

Payandshop takes the details on their servers, or you can take them on your if your server is secure. They are recommended by all the Irish banks.

Don;t touch the estore with a barge pole, it's just an Intershop set-up from esat, and uses the old clickpay anyway,

Stephen

• Advertisement

I had one experience with EuroCommerce - They haven't a clue to put it bluntly. Let's just say, never again :mad:

Thanks for replies anyhoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

As a developer I've used the new Euroconex and the Pay and Shop on several sites.

Have to say I preferred the new Euroconex system and put it on my own site : www.gaire.com

It's simple to implement and the support staff know their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

M'company has recent become a partner of worldpay (strictly platonic of course). A rough site is up at: http://worldpay.cloch.com.

It is cheaper than clickpay last time I checked.

Ronan

yeah but you don't get your money until 6 weeks later - that's a looooooooooong wait - also clikpay admin area is miles better

Hi Terminator,

Have you seen payandshop admin lately - best we could find when we set up, inc clickpay?

Steve

• Advertisement

I had a quick look at the transactions area for pay and shop and that compares well to clikpay but to be honest I wasn't aware it had an admin area as such.

What I mean is an area where you set up what page shows after a succesful transaction, where the email goes, what it says, etc. The guys in Pay and Shop just took our page with basic header graphic and put it on the secure server.

Which was good in one way but tricky if you wanted to change things. At least clikpay lets you mess around with the payment / success pages until you're happy.

Can you do this with Payandshop?

Hi Terminator,

Must have been in early days, payandshop has a full web-based system, for charges, refunds, exporting data, real-time transaction monitor, and more, including the function you need to pages, etc,
    Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mistercrow

Hi, I'm just trying to get cracking at the online selling lark - run a fairly busy website - and I've checked out PayandShop.

Does seem like a reasonable proposition. Much more reasonable fee-wise for a startup then Clikpay anyway.

My question is....does anyone know the best way to approach getting a merchant account...or which banks are more willing to give a start-up a go?

I've talked to BOI and AIB about this in past and they haven't been very encouraging.

Cheers....

I'm set up w/ BOI. They were not very helpful to take on a start-up businesses due to the lack of credit history. I did however get a contact number in the Merchant Accounts department who sent me the forms to fill in. Basically I had to do it all myself, but I got there eventually. The forms can be fairly scrutinizing, but it cuts down on the risk factor for the bank.

A big influence in your report will be your budget plan for the next 12 months, so be sure to make it look good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

I generally don't like making posts about our products and services, as I don't like it when others do, but I think this is of interest, apologies if you don't agree:

Worldpay provide merchant accounts. They are especially suited to start-ups and small business/ sole trader.

The reason (and caveat) being that unlike BOI and AIB, funds are not credited to your account for 4 weeks (the banks normally credit in 3-4 days).

All you need to do is fill out the online application, enter some basic accounts figures (stock, debtors etc), and the give an answer within 48 hours.

Unless AIB and BOI have dropped their fees for Internet merchant accounts, Worldpay are also the cheapest.

You can get more info from http://worldpay.cloch.com.

Ronan

Hi Ronan,

BOI gave us a merchant account when we were are start-up, they sent a rep out who had a look at our projections, and he went awayhappy.

We use payandshop.com and pay just 2.75% per transaction,

We're happy :)
    Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mistercrow

Thanks for the replies.
    Have requested the BOI application forms again so will see how it goes. Will also check out WorldPay to see how it matches up.

Any recommendations for a cheap/free shopping cart solution?Only need to sell 3/4 products at the moment.

Cheers

www.oscommerce.com

Is quite powerful, but open source and free, and has support for most things,

Stephen

Advertisement