Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox midnight launch party at Virgin Megastores

Options
  • 26-02-2002 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

For anyone who doesn't know (where the heck have you been?) Microsoft's console XBox will be launching on March 14th (only a few more days really!)

And, as Microsoft's official retail partner - Virgin Megastores will be holding a launch event at midnight on the 13th/14th.

In addition to that, they'll have a gaming arena open from 10:30 - aaaand, they're going to have a 'santa' of sorts handing out official exclusive merchandise to the first 100 people apparently (We should be grateful, we're the second biggest launch event after London!).

According to TeamXBox there'll also be competitions for lucky winners to get a year's supply of XBox games.

Sadly for me, I booked mine with GAME...I'm now considering getting a refund from them, heh, who knows ^_^.

Anyway, hope this helps someone decide where they're going to be getting their bundle of jo---ugh, I mean XBox.

-- It'll be in the Virgin Megastores branch at 14 - 18 Aston Quay, Dublin 1 by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Ah I think i'll go. Then get stabbed on the walk home...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

May as well go too.

To laugh at all those sad twits who've just been conned by M$ into buying a stripped down PC that's being totted about as a "console"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

ill be there with my placards and prostest equipment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'm planning on going to the one in London - the party there sounds pretty cool. Soulwax are playing, which is a good start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I would go, only I won't be here :\

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I would go, only im not going to.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

having the Xbox team come down to us here in UL on the 13th for the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Free mince pies, who could resist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I already put my deposit down with Gamesworld in waterford and i doubt i can get a refund, anyways i just wanna get my box and bash away on RalliSport Challenge, i wish JSRF was there on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

could not be arsed going to a poxy launch party for anything to be honest :)

Let alone to Oxford Street to see some band Ive never heard of, let alone shinji :)

Vagga (having a bad xbox day!)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by chernobyl
    I wish JSFR was there on launch day.

Its been moved forward to a launch title as of today, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Whos your source?
    :)

The 20 titles available on 14th March make up the strongest and most critically-acclaimed launch portfolio ever in Europe. Microsoft Games Studios titles such as Halo (hailed as the most important launch game for any console ever by influential games magazine Edge), Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee and RalliSport Challenge will all be on sale from 14th March. They will be joined by hotly-anticipated 3rd-party titles such as Max Payne, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3 (Activision), Dead or Alive 3, Transworld Surf (Infogrames), Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions, and Jet Set Radio Future (Sega).

*taps his nose*

*grumbles*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Here's a source...a UK one too...that clearly states JSR: Future in the twenty now confirmed launch titles today. And here's that all important source: http://www.officialxboxmagazine.co.uk/default.asp?m=n&i=124

Also the official XBox site has apparently been down today...rumour has it a revamp is underway somehwere...

cool so JSR can sell badly in Europe earlier than we thought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

FFS!! I so want an X-Box plus JSR but its too freakin expensive :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

We all meet up in a room and pitch in, slide the money through a designated hole in the wall to me , you boyz wait there for two mins, I blow the room and get my XBox :D

Advertisement