Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRC Meeting of IOFFL Members

Options
  • 27-02-2002 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

This is all really new to me and i do not use IRC only the odd time. But would it be a good idea if everyone were to meet in real time on an IRC server to discuss some of the posts here + it would allow people that cannot go to meetings in Dublin or wherever to be online and discuss things? I know there might be a lot of people that join the server only want to to go there for one reason but an IRC @ <-- God-Channel owner-Mod? would be able to kick any unnecessary people from the channle. The reason i am asking this is becaouse a lot of people make posts here that are sometimes missunderstood by others and can result in endless arguements. But if people were online and able to talk to each other in real time it would make a huge difference.
    So would it be possible to arrange a time/ date / subject matter etc for everyone to be online and in IRC?

This post was not spell checked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I have a bot of mine (BlackHole) in #irelandoffline on the QuakeNet IRC network protecting the channel for if/when people want to use it. If any of the comittee etc use irc, ill pass it over to them, or whatever, if they want it...?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

This has come up before. I think whats needed is someone with authority to say "the official ioffl channel is...".

Advertisement