Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL/Esat NoLimits - Getting worse???

Options
  • 27-02-2002 6:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭

:cool:

Is it just me, or has Esat NoLimits getting slower and more unreliable. Over the course of the last few months, I've noticed connections slowing to a crawl, or just dropping out at random intervals. Its becoming a more frequent occurence - but of course Esat Fusion Customer Care deny there is anyuthing wrong. Am I alone in this experience. [Slightly paranoid me says they're probably trying to get us to give up using NoLimits altogether in frustration]

....and hello from infrequent lurker, and sparkly new registered user.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

No problems here. I can't remember when ive last had a call drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

I find there are frequent disconnects, especially if I am on line after 8 am or before 6 pm (peak hours). I also think it is getting worse lately. I use IOL Gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I've only been getting 31.2k to Nolimits for the last week or so. I still get 49.2k to Elive and Eircom, so its not my line... :(

Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Im still getting the excellent qos i have been from snl. Good connections, no line drops (except for 2 last week that have gone unexplained - and have since stopped), good pings for games and good download rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

snl been going quite well for the last while for me too. Ive had the odd connection where I just cant traffic and it requires a reconnect, twice or so in the past cpl of weeks but nothing major.

TomF - IOL gold is run off a seperate network altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i'm having the same unreliable connection.
    i used to always connect at 46,666bps but last week i started connecting at 48,000 for no reason at all. Now my connection has become very unreliable

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Seems a mixed bag - at least I know I'm not completely alone.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Phreak
    i'm having the same unreliable connection.
    i used to always connect at 46,666bps but last week i started connecting at 48,000 for no reason at all. Now my connection has become very unreliable

Christ, for past year or so, I have not got a speed any higher than 28800bps on SNL (and IOL Free)! :(

I seldom get disconns but last Saturday, I got booted twice and when I tried to log back in, I got the tone you get when the number you dialed doesn't exist (do-doo-deee!). Luckily I found a way around this which was to drop the 13321 prefix for directing calls to Esat (use Esat Fusion for calls too).

Can anyone give me the dial up number of UTV Internet to see if speed remains the same?

Advertisement