Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Back Office Server - Dial-up Access

• 08-02-2001 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi.....

I'm running MS Back Office Server on an NT server. All the client PCs on the LAN are Windows 95/98 and logging on etc. is no probelm. I do have a problem, however, with getting remote dial-up access to work.

My home PC is running W95 and I want to be able to dial up the office server and access files etc. I've installed the client diskette information onto my PC at home (giving the computer name etc.) and dial-up using the correct username and password. It just doesn't seem to want to work for me!

Does any bright spark out there have any solutions to this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Right the first thing I would check is that you are allowed to do this redface.gif) after that make sure the RAS services is started on you server. You dont give much information on the problem dont you connect and just can'nt do anything does it not answer etc.

kayos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

yeah, need a lot more info to trouble shoot this one.

If you have error messages or not.
    are you the full time admin?
    have you admin access to server?
    is anyone else able to dial in, if so what operating system are they using?

you can send me a mail and id be happy to answer any specific questions.

Advertisement