Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you like via SMS?

• 27-02-2002 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭

I, or more correctly my company, have recently secured a number of the new premium rate SMS numbers. Set-up would be 2-Way SMS, where users must request the 7 or 8-bit SMS. We expect to be using the full, or close to the full range allotted to us soon, with a few of our existing products.

I'll come to the point: We are going to be rolling out our products over the next few weeks, but while this is in progress, we may have a few to spare. What I’m interested in hearing is suggestions for services that people would think they would like to see in the meantime.

I’m not promising any revenue split here. To be honest, unless you have content that would be relevant, we intend to keep all the dosh generated (after the operator takes their three pounds of flesh). So, I expect this is a pretty selfish question, but then again so are many of the tech questions out there that go to solving problems in commercial applications.

Still, if there is anything you would like to see out there, for your own selfish reasons, suggest it and maybe we’ll put it up. If it’s really popular, we’ll even keep it up there in the long run.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Corinthian, might I suggest that you post the same question on Foot.ie? Footie scores and the like would seem to be an ideal application, and there has been demand in the past for "Live Updates", which are run via SMSers at the matches.

[Disclaimer: I run the site. :)]

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Whats the cost of a premium sms , and how much does the Operator get ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by yellum
    Whats the cost of a premium sms , and how much does the Operator get ?
    Sorry, can't say. Covered by NDA with the operators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

ah.. heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

quick some one give him a business idea! (c)

seriously - timetables - bus/train/cinema

(c) MiCr0 Corp*

* may contain unoriginal ideas

• Advertisement

Originally posted by MiCr0
    quick some one give him a business idea! (c)
    Why not other that I'll profit from it :rolleyes:
    seriously - timetables - bus/train/cinema
    Already onto one of the above (not saying which ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭pookster

I don't know many people that will pay between 1 and 4 euro's for an sms about timetables or cinema.
    Cheaper to check it on WAP or teletxt.

Originally posted by pookster
    I don't know many people that will pay between 1 and 4 euro's for an sms about timetables or cinema.
    Cheaper to check it on WAP or teletxt.
    I'd agree, however, some don't have WAP, or can't get it to work or don't like it. As for teletxt, or a Web site for that matter, you won't have access that on the move.

As for cost, you can charge < €1 and you also make the assumption that that info is going to remain free elsewhere...

Advertisement