Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portable MP3 player

• 27-02-2002 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭

Ok meh mp3 player is really pissing me off - its stops and stutters in the middle of mp3's - i think its been due to a few many too knocks
    ANYWAY
    ive decided to reeplace it
    but which one ..... :confused:
    i have no mass on them ones that take flash cards, I really have me eye on that 20 gb nomad jobbie from Creative, wheres the best site/shop to buuy mp3 players ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

If its portable i recommend a Memory player, with a hard drive or something along the line of that, Cd MP£ players are great and handy and even i own one but they are fairly bad when walking or anything like that.
    I have a freecom Beatman, its a mini cd player so it uses those little 8 cm cds, they hold about 50 tunes 185 MB, and they are small and i use it for walking to work etc and its ok but it does jump every now and again, also any little stratch on the cd will send it skipping.

Bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

make one yourself

www.mp3projects.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

The cdmp3 players are actually fairly descent got one meself and am well impressed by how much music i can fit on a cd
    Woohoo @ 13hrs as for skipping i`ve had no problems when i`m walking with it and sure if ya get a nice rio one with 120 anti shock will take a fair bit to make it skip argos actually have some i fink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000059ZYA/ref=ed_best_h_ce_3/026-8099931-8372408

I own several players and this one is the best.
    It holds 2 - 4 (WMA 64K) hours of music.
    It's got a decent radio it is very small and light.
    CD MP3 Players are fat, heavy pieces of machinery, they generally skip, they eat up batteries and they're just a lot of hassle IMO.
    They do have big cheap storage however.
    If you've got a MAC you should check out their new MP3 player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

64k WMA....AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.....
    Ahem.
    Sorry, a mate of mine uses this all the time.
    They sound awful, they emphasise the bass and high end to fool you into thinking it's got a nice beefy sound, just like Midi systems, but theres always a fk load of garbage in the middle.

I've used the Philips Expanium CD player and Nomad 20Gb. The expanium has great sound quality and almost never skips (only if I start jogging pretty fast, definitely never does when walking). Battery life is about 8-10 hours on 2 duracell AAs.
    The Nomad is also not jog-proof, in fact you risk damaging it if you do. The capacity is great, ability to make playlists etc. are a big plus but the sound quality is below par for s unit of that price I think (The expanium is better....yes I know for some of the folks here this is all repetitions of another thread I ranted on a few weeks ago :}..). Battery life is 2-3 hours on 4x1800Mah AA's. I nearly sold it in the end being able to have most of my Mp3 collection with me at anytime won out, think of a tune and chances are it's in your bag. if you do go for a Nomad I recommend getting their leather sleave for it aswell. It covers the unit, bar the sockets/vol etc and has decent padding on the bottom, provides a lot of preotection without ruining usability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Gerry

I don't see the problem with mp3 cd players. I have a goodmans comp 345, and it is excellent. It is not the slimmest cd player in the world, but it is smaller than a jukebox, and about half the weight. To get it to skip, I have to shake it for 25 seconds continuously, so no problems there. Sound quality is excellent, I play it through meh cambridge soundworks a lot and its top notch. Sound quality depends far more on the quality of your mp3's. I encode at 192kbit with variable bit rate, and it plays them without a hitch. Battery life is excellent, around 12 hours a set.

Advertisement