Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business start-up info

Options
  • 27-02-2002 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

I want to find out some info on how to setup as a sole trader in Ireland.

Can anyone point me to a good website?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

www.revenue.ie & www.cro.ie are the websites for the revenue commissioners, whom you will have to register with and the Company Registrars Office sties. You will also need the website for the Department of Enterprise, Trade & Employment for registering your tradeing name. I do not have the address for that but there is probably a link for it on the revenue site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Perhaps consider an off the shelf company-
    ie. one that has been liquidated but is still registered. AFAIk its a few hundred euros to buy-Usually LTD companies.
    Obviously you obviate all the accountants and legal fees going this route and also the fallbacks re: liabilty of a sole trader.

Have a look on http://www.thecompanyshop.ie/
    The website isnt great so you are best advised to pay them a visit in the real world:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

If you do go down that route do it yourself for a fraction of the price. Just go to the CRO website, it will tell you what forms are required to set up a limited company. Print them out and post them with a cheque to the companies office. If filling out those forms make sure you do so as per the instructions, using a black pen as they may return them if it is not done correct. This will cost less the €100 I think, the shelf companies will cost at least €300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement