Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Tech Site

Options
  • 27-02-2002 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hey guys ,any one interested in posting news to a up and coming irish tech site .. I know its not much at the mo but i have a lot planned and I dont mind any ideas..

check it out at http://www.techseekers.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Its quite a decent site, for one reason: You do seem to have an idea what you are talking about, unlike 99% of tech sites on the web. . Also consider that your site will only be highly regarded if its content is original, in depth and honest. Theres no point in spending all your time posting links to other sites, unless it is stuff which isn't available on any other site. It would be advisable to run future articles through a spell checker though, and spend more time on the charts, those are minor points though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭halfab

I appreciate that.. thanks for the comments.. I do plan to do a lot of my own content.. there is a lot in the works.. Also keep in mind that this whole thing started 11/02/2002 and I am doing content as well as reviews (hardly reviews ) as well as all dev work on the site (the links are just filler to get the overall feel ) as well as a day job so I am not doing too badly ..

Thanks again..

halfab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Seems reasonable (which, as it's a tech site, is pretty rare). Keep it good, and good luck.

You may want to use dedicated thumbnails instead of using the full image resized by the browser... it's a pain in the ass looking at some of those pages at 56k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭halfab

yea that was an oops alright .. I did thumbs for most pics but forgot about those ones.. Will correct that in future..

cheers

halfab

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

Keep up the good work mate, I've book-marked it and I think anyone wanting to keep up to date will do the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement