Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Sharing

Options
  • 27-02-2002 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I currently have two PCs HP E Brio P111 600 & Compaq EVO D300 P4 which are needed to share HP printer Laserjet 1100. They are both part of a network, however the network is mainly Macs. What are the possiblities to do this?

Many thanks

Brett

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have never used a mac, but they don't need printer sharing(afaik). Try the Mac board if it's only going to be used by Macs. Install print sharing on any windoze machines that want to use it.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

Depends really -

if the machine that is hosting the printers is win2k, Add the protocol for Appletalk, then you should be able to get some connectivity.

Im not really sure, but im sure its possible... Anyone - ideas?

Rent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

We had a fancy smancy Tektronix printer at work that was shared among NT, 98, UNIX machines.
    I had onthing to do with it so I may be taking out of my ass but I think if the printer has a network card then it doesn't need a machine to host it and once you have the appropriate driver on your machine you can print to it across the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

If you are using HP jetdirect software to run the print server with the HP attached then it should work. Haven't done it meself but have seen the option in it to do it.

Gav

Advertisement