Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bite Ltd does it again

• 27-02-2002 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

Just looking at Bite Ltds redesigned (again) online store, theres some really good bargains there in the Dell Section at the top of the page:
    http://www.bite-ltd.com/acatalog/shop

Now that I have my order in I thought I'd share with the boards community.

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

the site seem to be in the process of being upgraded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

DVD CD ROM
    Model number: 000829P-26401

Price: €35,00 €42,35 Including VAT at 21%

Anyone know it's stats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by Celt
    DVD CD ROM
    Model number: 000829P-26401

Price: €35,00 €42,35 Including VAT at 21%

Anyone know it's stats?

aye, saw that myself but the fact that its in the section Dell Systems & Components where it says
    - Items sold "as is" are just that, there is no warranty or assurance that they are in working order. They might be working, easy repairable or only suitable for parts. Hence the ridiculously low prices

no assurances that they are in working order......hmmmm......dodgy, very suspect.

hows it very suspect, he says exactly what it is and gives more then fair warning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by Boston
    hows it very suspect, he says exactly what it is and gives more then fair warning

Umm - as is could mean anything, Boston. If he stated it's not working, ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Boston
    How is it not suspect?
    Paying up to €1000 and not knowing if it will work or not?

the dvd is 35 not 1000, if your talking baout something else then your on the wrong page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Its not suspect because he states that he is giving no assurances as to whether it works or not. What exactly do you not understand about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

and I quote:
    Items not marked as "field returns" or as "damaged" are genrally new, in the original packaging and quite often still covered by the original DELL warranty. We give a 30 day money back warranty on these.

Engage brain, read the disclaimer properly, then type ....

The stuff that has no comeback is stuff thats going for a fiver or tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

aye, saw that myself but the fact that its in the section Dell Systems & Components where it says

quote:
    - Items sold "as is" are just that, there is no warranty or assurance that they are in working order. They might be working, easy repairable or only suitable for parts. Hence the ridiculously low prices

no assurances that they are in working order......hmmmm......dodgy, very suspect.

You might continue to note that it goes on to say:

Items not marked as "field returns" or as "damaged" are genrally new, in the original packaging and quite often still covered by the original DELL warranty. We give a 30 day money back warranty on these.

Nothing dodgy, just being honest. If you want full warranty on all items you can go somewhere else and pay the full retail price...

• Advertisement

One thing which I suppose is moot now, is that for the last number of days prices were quoted as including VAT at 21%.

The new rate of VAT only came into effect today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Hey, VAT is charged on the day that payment takes place!
    Nobody who has been charged 21% VAT by me yet..

I didn't say that they were, Mayhem.

However, advertising goods for sale with a rate of VAT that is actually higher than it should be isn't a very clever idea.

Advertisement