Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom <edited>!

• 27-02-2002 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

TERMINATION OF EIRCOM NET SUBSCRIPTION ACCOUNT IN 3 DAYS IF PAYMENT IS NOT RECIEVED

*** IMPORTANT : Please do not reply to this email. To contact us please phone 01 - 604 6970 ***

Dear Steven Seagal
    Account Number : blah blah

We have already attempted to contact you by post. However, our records show that the balance on your subscription account (EUR 311.59) remains overdue and in arrears.

Your eircom net subscription service provides you with:
    - high quality access to the internet together with
    - low cost connection charges
    - low cost telephone support that is available seven days a week.

Unless full payment is received within three days from the date of this email your internet account will be terminated. This means that you will lose your email address and all benefits of the subscription service as outlined above.

Please make your payment by one of the following methods:
    - To clear your balance immediately call 01 - 604 6970 with your credit card details.
    - Cheque : please ensure you put your ACCOUNT NUMBER : blah blah on the reverse of your cheque before posting it to : PO BOX 1, Ennis, Co. Clare.

You must ensure you give your customer number in all correspondence. We cannot be held responsible for disconnection where payments cannot be allocated to the correct account.

*** IMPORTANT : Please do not reply to this email. ***

Should you have any query please contact us by phone on 01 - 604 6970.

Please note that recent charges and payments may not be reflected in the balance given above. If you have recently settled this balance you may disregard this email.

Kind regards,
    Residential Credit Control Department
    eircom net

LOOKS LIKE I GO BYE BYE??!!

subject edited due to complaints

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,462 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Isn't this post offensive to homosexuals, by comparing them to Eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Maybe he meant guys although the "u" is a little far for a mistake... *mmmm me ponders and wanders off to bed* :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

just wonderin if ya got the post they said they send, i vaguely remember something like this before and it was a scam to get ur credit card details. can't really rememeber tho. tis all a boozy woosey hase at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭RiCo

I received the same (almost) letter. Payup or else.... now lets see. :rolleyes:

Modem connection with average download speeds of say... 2.2k... The worst CS ping in the world.... Average phone bill (for internet connection) over £70 a month....... Pay up!
    Nah! dont think so...

I will gladly :) pay for a connection when I get a good connection and not before.

Back to the Cyber Cafe for me..... :D

By the way this is technology... Eircom Style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i only joined their service and my 1st bill was 2 weeks ago 2 of em together different account no:s same address same name .
    I am still waiting for some sort of reply, have mailed them once (its enough) and called them a few times obviously the one person who works where ever it is cant get to the phone when i call .so eventually i got tru and explained i had 2 bills i asked "which one will i pay and which to throw out?" simple question i thought.
    So got a call next day i was in bed (work nights) wife answers and the guy says quote" i cant give details of the enquiry to any one other than Mr Byrne" she exlpains the whole wife thing .
    he aint listening ,so now its a mystery what he had to say to me as he hasnt rung back and i aint paying til i hear otherwise.
    Incidently im in Clondlakin D.22 i connect at 48000 everytime and downloads are 5.1 kb all the time .Ping is ok i suppose for a 56k.

kdja

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

There was a thread somewhere about this a while ago. IIRC the popular opinion was that it's a scam. Try ringing Eircom head office or something and see if they know about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Walt do a search about Indigo. I had one of these as well on an old Indigo account that I closed (or so I thought with them).

If you don't use it, ring them and tell them you cancelled it years ago, they are totally disarray in the accounts dept. Follow the phone call up with a letter.

Gandalf.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I don't understand why the hell anyone would pay 120 quid a year for an ISP subscription when theres so many better free ones like oceanfree. It's only slightly cheaper to use a sub a/c if your connecting during the day, but if your dialing in at night it's exactly the same call cost as the free ISP's.

Well my Indigo one was in those days before we had the free subscriptions. But thankfully Ireland has moved so far on from those days (Yes there is a hint of sarcasm there!!!!).

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

either thier accounts program is screwed or they are scamming.

I would be inclined to believe they are trying to intimidate people into paying.

Unless you have been using the indigo account I'd throw it away.

Or prehaps we should make a list of people they have incorrectly billed so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I would have thought they would send a letter to your house if they wanted to discuss billing?
    Weirdos.

I would say he received a postal bill as well.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

I just ignore the bills, they keep coming. I tried several times to have the account changed to gofree for isdn, but they just won't listen in there, will they?
    They still haven't cut me off....
    BTW, tisn't a scam like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

just wonderin if ya got the post they said they send, i vaguely remember something like this before and it was a scam to get ur credit card details. can't really rememeber tho. tis all a boozy woosey hase at this stage.

This is wot Gideon is talkin about

you better off fixing the problem up with Eircom then let the bill mount up,knowing those money leechins bastaids there tell try and sue ya for it in 30 years time!

Advertisement