Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bling!

Options
  • 27-02-2002 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Someone said ages ago that since phantom has a certain percent irish music policy that they should play some music in the irish language. I agree wholeheartedly.
    Anyone agree that rock is getting FAR too :D cheesy these days?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

rock is getting cheesy.
    but what has that got to do with playing music in the irish language.
    i don't imagine that there is one "alternative"band in ireland that uses the irish language...how could i relate to a song if i don't have a clue what theyre on about.....unless theyre rammstein.

du hast mech...oh and ich bien *boom-boom*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

In fairness to Phantom, I heard the Rocky Road To Dublin not two weeks ago on Thursday Challenge. I know it's in english but come on!!!!! The rocky road to dublin!!! come on!!! and they weren't jokin either let me tell you. Next Week: Weile Weile Weile (live) (joe's bringing his spoons)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

how could i relate to a song if i don't have a clue what theyre on about.....unless theyre rammstein

Ever listened to Sigur Ros Gar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

or lisa gerrard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Lizzy Bee are you looking for something like Kila? Something that already exists or a completely new genre of music or whah? I'm a bit lost. You could say I lost the THREAD there a while back. You COULD. You wouldn't coz it would be unfunny but you COULD you see........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

kid icarus had a song called 'aisling' in which the chorus was in irish, never released though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 keefer

If you would like to hear songs 'As Gaeilge', then perhaps you could post some suggestions?

...and no 'Aon Focail eile' by Richie "hey I'm wearing blue rubber gloves" Kavanagh, doesn't count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

well sigur ros i've heard on no disco;it's ambient;therfore ,for me,ambient,doesn't need lyrics;and if they are there they don't need to be coherent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hmmm ... well Kila's "sean deora" is easily one of my top ten songs or thereaboots, and i cant speak a word of irish (bar madra beag and the like).

afro celt soundsystem have the odd track in irish as well..

and sorry did i see someone say they could possibly relate to rammstein? relate? rammstein? relate? oh dear :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

Originally posted by Gar_ptc
    well sigur ros i've heard on no disco;it's ambient;

wow. sigur ros are ambient? that's news to me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

There is some black-ish metal band doing songs in irish but i cant remember what they are called.......ask in fibbers.....:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shayn

****-core band Purple Monkey Dishwasher have numorous songs in Irish . Including the "bhi me ar an leithreas" song .

peace
    shayn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shayn

Was I just censcored ? what the **** ?

Advertisement