Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your favourite flavour?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Boston
    im on i stream and the guy posted afew days a go, go check ips you muppet and see if im him.
    Let me see,
    run > winipcfg > release(or is it renew)
    A new ip for us all :D
    or you could just use a proxy like a lot of people do....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

is this why all of a sudden every muppet in this place has been hasseling me

something like stones in glass houses :confused:

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Celt

Let me see,
    run > winipcfg > release(or is it renew)
    A new ip for us all :D
    or you could just use a proxy like a lot of people do....

my ip will still point to eircom your gob****, and to find a free irish proxy server jesus that would be the day.

besides dont proxies servers normaly come up as proxy servers when you whois them?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

different IP's?
    Along with those already mentioned...
    You could post from an internet cafe..
    Or you could post from a Library...
    Or a friends computer...
    Or the computer in your primary school (thanks Tesco)
    Or you could post from work (you'll find out about this one when you grow up)

your one paranoid **** you know that.

btw linksy ive seen you ppicture you look about 13

you people make my head hurt im off to bed, i expect this situation resolved when i wake, ive brought it to the attention of the admins 3 times, there was zero need for it to get to this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

How about everyone relaxes over the Boston thing, regardless of who he is i think this is just a flame fest.

ignore him, agree with him or argue with him but above all get over it!

<< Fio >>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

i demand this issue resolved once and for all

I DEMAND CAKE!

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

We've told you before.
    To get cake you have to renounce Red Hat, MacOS and that nasty cocaine habit you have.

Join us in Slackware land.
    We float down here

awh well i offered to settled this outsides boards.ie btw was refused, guess people are allways willing to slag you off when its not to your face.

and editing all my post on the tech forum to say im a retard gerry thats was pretty low abuse of power there.

anywho at the end of the day i dont care waht any of you think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

awh well i offered to settled this outsides boards.ie btw was refused, guess people are allways willing to slag you off when its not to your face.

Whatever else has happened I think it's extremly bad form for a moderator to be threathening not only other members of this board but other moderators with physcial violence.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

this thread annoys me, i didnt know it was standard policy to allow communal piss takes of a moderator let alone a member on boards.ie. who or what i am is none of anybodies business

Sorry, had to pick on this one. Yeah guys, how DARE you take the piss out of a MODERATOR? I mean, christ, don't you recognise the POWER and RESPECT that he should command for his moderatorship? SHAME ON YOU ALL.

i didnt threaten physical violence, just said maybe he would be more confortable airing his greavences to my face. i mean ive tried talking ot the guy every other way and im getting no where,

shinji, the point was its not good for boards for moderators to be taking cheap shots at each other, surely you agree we should be above all this. and the admins dont seem to care .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

So its ok for you to take cheap shots at other mods/members (see any thread on technology or the locked drugs thread on politics), but noone is allowed say boo to you?

TBH, i dont think hes taking a cheap shot at you as a moderator, hes more taking a well earned shot at you in your role of 'annoying muppet'.

yea dustin this has been going on for months, ans that thread wasnt locked because of me. as for tech board, you ask gerry i hardle posted there yet somehow every time i did it turned its a fight.

its not like your opionion matters anyway, your nothing but a talking turkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

yea dustin <SNIP>
    its not like your opionion matters anyway, your nothing but a talking turkey

HIS NAMES DUSTAZ!!!!!!2335^£"£$!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

i didnt threaten physical violence, just said maybe he would be more confortable airing his greavences to my face. i mean ive tried talking ot the guy every other way and im getting no where,

Let's not beat around the bush here. I beleive your exact message was:
    Boston wrote on 22-03-2002 10:37 PM:
    btw you ever want to settle this mono a mono im sure we could arrange something. how about it

Mano a mano is Spanish for "hand to hand." It refers to hand-to-hand combat typically involving two individuals pitted against each other.

Removing your moderatorship and twelve clicking you forver is in my opinion too good for you.

.logic.

yea, i asked him did he want to settle it in person, dont be such a baby.

i dont really see why your getting up tight about it. if he got abite desressed and ran to his mommy thats his tuff luck. but i dont hair him moaning about it.

btw im not the one he abused my modship and edit someones post to say retard in every one. so i dont thing im the one who shoudl loose his modship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

mon·o·nu·cle·o·sis Pronunciation Key (mn-nkl-ss, -ny-)
    n.
    The presence of an abnormally large number of white blood cells with single nuclei in the bloodstream.
    Infectious mononucleosis.

So settling it mono a mono means giving each other nasty cuts until someone gets infected? :)

thanks for the translation, i see now that gerry might have taken me up, being a little princess and all.

so ill say it again, if gerry wants to talk his problems out with me, im available. he can even bring shinji and logic there along as protection.

im not a violent type of guy.

i put out the hand o friendship and this is the abuse i get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Gerry

Boston, I don't have anything to settle with you, the reason every thread with you in it turns into a flamewar is because you feel you have to throw your tuppence in on everything, even if it turns out your contribution was worth nothing, you just keep plugging away, resorting to insults when you finally give up trying to prove your point. I personally won't tolerate your mindless rubbish on the tech board.

Why would I want to meet you in person? What a stupid thing to say.

• Advertisement

as bad as i am, ive never abused my postion as a mod to edits other peoples posts to call them retards

so you happy with this going on and on and on and on untill someone finaly steps in.

fair enough

I think it was justified in your case. Boston, you are an example to all moderators.

do what you want, i wont stop posting

Until someone steps in and does what boston? Promotes you to admin status?

well i didnt want to say anything, it hasnt been finalized yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

as bad as i am, ive never abused my postion as a mod to edits other peoples posts to call them retards

no, but you did edit the above comment from its original form, which was
    hah, so your chicken****!

kinda blew a hole in your peace and love persona.

as is my right, whats your point dustin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

In all seriousness...

and the admins dont seem to care .

I've seen the admins intervene in mod to mod flame wars before, usually quite quickly. In your case they don't seem to bother because you don't have their respect, and they don't particularly care. And for good reason-- your posts are more often arrogant and ill-mannered than not.

Being a mod is about earning respect, and treating others with respect. The odd flame war is par for the course, and being offensive once in a while is forgivable, but your self-appointed omniscience - particularly when levelled at mods on their own forums - is galling at best, and ignorant at worst.

If you don't at least attempt to earn respect, you don't deserve to be defended. Your latest string of comments illustrate your childishness admirably. You would never have become a mod on my site. I probably would have 12-clicked you as a user long ago.

Sorry man, just telling it like it is.

adam

fair enough, im willing to listen to criticism once its leveled in a fair way. if its not, then your just going to get my back up and il ltake the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Man, this cracks me up.

Boston, man, stop adding fuel to your own fire. I've nothing against you at all, but take some advice eh?

- Look at what your posting
    - Look at what you've previously posted
    - Look at what the others are posting

The trend here - they are posting 'because' you reply with silly stuff which don't appear to make alot of sence or being very relevant to the situation tbh.

You can't win every arguement, in fact, try stay out of em. If people p1ss you off, make a mental note and then beat the **** out of them at the next lan, preferably with their blunt soggy ends of their arms as you rip them off the bludgend body.. err, what, erm, actually don't part of the advice :)

edited the rest out as not to offend some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by MindPhuck
    (i dont get to use this pic often :) )
    you shouldn't use it at all, its awful :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah MP, stop using pictures of azeazile's ma.

i actually have a physical disability so i take personal offence to both those replys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yes of course because after the special olympics the retarded people aren't retarded anymore. Or is it more politically correct to say disabled?

And so because Azeleisl has a physical disability I hereby declare that all mention of retardation, physical disability and mental illness should be banned. Azeeslsil should become immune from slagging and treated differently.

dammit that backfired! i was hoping to get an appology out of amp ah well i'll try harder next time :p LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I'll edit out the pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

HIS NAME IS DUSTAZ

Advertisement