Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protect a text box.

Options
  • 28-02-2002 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Can someone help me with this. I got a txt box in the middle of the page and it looks fine but i also got a search box, and the thing that annoys me is, when you click in a search is highlighs the word but hit enter again and it returns in the form rather than move to the next one. What i want to do is protect the table some how. The only other thing i can think of is a frame instead of a txt box but that could mess up at different res's and besides i don't like them for it in the middle. Anyideas? or alternatives to achieve the same look.

URL=http://karting.compsoc.com/RaceResults/kylemore29th.html]click here[/URL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

only works in MSIE but just put READONLY in.

<textarea READONLY>

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

<textarea name="textfield" cols="60" rows="13" ONFOCUS="this.blur()" READONLY>

works for netscape and MSIE. btw if you want that text area to be displayed right in netscape you will have to put it inside <form> tags. All these annoying little things I have learnt about netscape over the years ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

thx will try it later!

Advertisement