Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email addys and proggy

• 12-02-2001 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

I've been considering using outlook for a bit now, is it any better than just using yahoo and such or is there advnatages to it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PHB:
    I've been considering using outlook for a bit now, is it any better than just using yahoo and such or is there advnatages to it</font>

what? aside from the fact that the junk mail filter actually works, you've got your emails on your own computer, it gives you a full calendar and task management system, integrates perfectly with MS Exchange and a number of other systems, allowing access to shared network folders, etc. etc. etc.

... nahhhhh

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted. -Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Outlook is kack.

Get peagasus mail. Apart from the fact you can disable all those lovely applets and other cr@p spammers email you, it also doesn't crash for no apprant reason.

Another thing that really ****ed me off about Outlook. I had to reinstall because something overwrote something in IE. I run the installation program to fix the files and it goes "Sorry you have it installed already" and quits without doing jack.

It also ate all my mail. frown.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

whats the site to get that proggy please Hobbles ?

-thanks-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Yes Pegasus mail 0wns meh smile.gif

been using if for years
    does all i want and then some smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

>Mail client successfully pimped.

>Initializing download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

use pine.
    every true l33+ ass person uses it smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Well it's completely a matter of opinion really, but using any local (pegasus, outlook, outlook-express, eudora, whatever) application based email program is usually far better than using web based services like Hotmail or Yahoo!Mail - mainly because you avoid a great amount of junk mail and your mail is on your own PC.

Personally, I'd go for Outlook because of the amount of extra features that come with it, although I was surprised at not being able to set up usenet access in it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Lads, lads, lads! You should all be using sendmail...
    tongue.gifrolleyes.giftongue.gif

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Could be worse - some of you could be using Lotus ccMail... biggest piece of sh!t ever !

/me looks at hobbes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kharn:
    Lads, lads, lads! You should all be using sendmail...
    tongue.gifrolleyes.giftongue.gif

</font>

shame there is a slight problem with reading email with that :-).

/me waits for somebody to say they use notepad to send emails because they are truly l33t

if you are sadistic you could just use mail on *nix

/me agrees with Bubbles Cak Cak mail ... althought at work we use these hunk of crap called netmail. puke

Advertisement