Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sms

• 13-02-2001 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

im getting sms's from people prob from the web but the number of whois txting me is mine and there is no msg at the bottom saying where it was sent from

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Strange, any of the free SMS sites I know of will all include a footer. MTNSMS, Quios, Eircell even ICQ will all include some sort of advertisement or number.

And it's being sent from your own number? You can register your mobile on various sites, Eircell for example you can register to send 30 sms msgs a month from their site which appear to be from your own number. Problem is your registration password when you sign up is sent directly to your mobile phone so iy'd be difficult to hack or intercept.

MtnSMS
    Quios
    Eircell

.logic.

[This message has been edited by logic1 (edited 13-02-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

its called sms spam and j00 can get it
    here, , here and here

greit init smile.gif

Ph33r CATBERT !!! catbert.gif

[This message has been edited by StrataGIST (edited 13-02-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

should really remove them links, makes spamming a little easier.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

In ICQ you can remove the ending message
    so it just comes from a number, but you can reply to that number though

Advertisement