Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Page errors

Options
  • 28-02-2002 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

As a simple web user, I haven't much clue what's going on. Would someone mind taking a look at my web page (see the button in my sig....) and tell me what's goig on with that error that's recieved regarding line 142: access denied. When I look at the page, line 142 contains stuff added by geocities. If I upload the exact same page without that geocities crap, it just adds it in again and gives me the errors :mad: Anyone know of a better free webspace that will allow me make directories, and have no popups? Or better still, will allow me load perl scripts? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

hmmm whenever I see access is denied I smell frames. If you didn't use frames you'd be fine.

Otherwise you could try www.vr9.com , they look good, give you cgi-bin but of course do have ads. There is always www.hypermart.net , they give you a cgi-bin as well, but ads as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tmcd

Try Here

http://www.comparewebhosts.com/search.asp

There should be a few free ones in there somewhere

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

eircom.net for directories etc - no popups - no perl scripts though!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Thanks lads. Im too proud of that boards banner to get rid of my frames :)

(oh also forgot to mention - I need webspace with a graphical file manager ugh. I have no unfirewalled web access, which is VERY VERY ANNOYING!! :mad: )

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

just use an iframe

<iframe src=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/ticker.php noresize scrolling = no></iframe>

I really dislike frames.

• Advertisement
Advertisement