Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

persephone's tale *FUNNY*

Options
  • 28-02-2002 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Persephone, as I had previously hinted, was quite partial to a spot of old croquet on the lawn. She had, of course, to wear her scruffy shoes, so as not to accidentally soil her new pair of stilettos. They were given to her by Sir Bainbridge yestersummer and all did agree that they possessed an eloquent continence. :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 gertrude

Persephone, as I had previously hinted, was quite partial to a spot of old croquet on the lawn. She had, of course, to wear her scruffy shoes, so as not to accidentally soil her new pair of stilettos. They were given to her by Sir Bainbridge yestersummer and all did agree that they possessed an eloquent continence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Is there supposed to be some humour in that there somewhere???

...'cos I don't see it...

no, your feeble mind couldn't possibly grasp such advanced funniness.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by gertrude
    no, your feeble mind couldn't possibly grasp such advanced funniness.

oh! - a pathetic attempt at humour and slagging a moderator all in the one thread! ... you're new here, aren't you ? :p

btw... there was no need to post the same rubbish "joke" (?) in three unique threads... spankings from Kharn for you, methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

jokes i get jokes?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Has anybody any clue what this person is on about? The same thing posted on a few different threads and it still makes no sense (which is what I like), but it's not funny.

Take my sig for instance - it makes no sense that Louis Walsh would have Dani Filth as a front man to a pop group, but it's made funny by the fact that Dani Filth *is* a singer and is the front man for Cradle of Filth...
    aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh - humour.....

If you're going to make daft statements, they have to make SOME sense!

Anyway, I thought Persephone was the chick who was dragged into Hades by Him and then her fella (Orpheus wasn't it) had to come get her, but he looked back and she was gone forever...

I can't remember my Greek mythology very well - it's been about 10 years since I looked at a book on it.

that is like saying "wasn't john the guy who went with hamlet to the shops?" there are several persephones, i would think. still, though, apologies for the spamming of useless s*** but boredom is a powerful force.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Calico

HA HA HA
    I can't believe you people haven't heard that story before...Persephone is one funny gal...gertie I think you really need to tell them the rest of the story!

ok! if you insist! i knew there was demand oput there for this kind of thing!

Anyway, as was aforementioned, Mr. Bainbridge had given the beautiful stilettos to Persephone. It was in the hope that she would swoon in awe at their luminescence. But his motives ran slightly deeper and it was not widely known that he had something of a fascination for the smell of ladies feet. "How goeth thy game, fair Persephone?", spake Bainbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

anyone else think gertrude and calico are the same person?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Bard

oh! - a pathetic attempt at humour and slagging a moderator all in the one thread! ... you're new here, aren't you ? :p

That's what I was thinking. Of course, if Bard had have been drunk when he saw the reply, his reply would have been much more 'colourful' :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 shaw

Please continue the story Gertrude. I've a feeling it might lead somewhere (in spite of what your critics say).

Advertisement