Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free IOL CD ..

Options
  • 28-02-2002 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Jus got my Sky Digi magazine..it came with an iol cd for net access on it.. "New! Irelands cheapest internet access rates". Not alot of use to me..tho it has IE 6, so it will save me wasting money on downloading :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Golden Rule No.1 of Internet use never ever ever use the ISP Setup CD's :)

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Never....just steal the free software updates off it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by gandalf

Gandalf.

This one actually doesnt seem too bad. I got a copy with my sky magazine too.. it doesnt try to competely rewrite windows like the eircom cd does. I installed IE6 off the cd onto my XP machine as the copy I had installed lacked the Java VM.

Quite a lucky coincidence really cos I've sent away for my "sign up to Esat, 1c per minute internet deal"

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Gandalf.

Don't I know it! I fell into that trap after using the Buy & Sell CD which had game demos of TR2 and GTA2. B&S then took over my IE! It took some time to get rid of it.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Manic

Gandalf.

My Golden Rule from now on is to BURN anything I receive that has anything to do with Eircom. It's working so far :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement