Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all DHTML Buffs

Options
  • 28-02-2002 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

Up until very recently I wrote all my HTML/DHTML/Javascript by hand in Notepad. However I have started playing around with Dreamweaver 4.00 now and used it to give some of my website a bit of a makeover. I found that a few issues arose when browsing the homepage with Netsacpe Navigator - Layers were not appearing where they were supposed to.

On my homepage there are four 'buttons' which should have a left coordinate of 0 pixels but Netscape is placing the buttons way out to the right. Could someone please take a look at http://astro.csn.ul.ie with Netscape Navigator and tell me what's wrong with the code, (Or is it being displayed properly). The site works fine in Internet Explorer, just NS is giving me probs....

Cheers,
    Féilim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

There are far more than just 2 browsers you know... don't just make it "perfect in IE and okay in Netscape"... make it standards compliant and coded correctly with no errors. That way, if there's a problem, it's the browsers fault, not yours.

The site looks and works fine in the three browsers I have installed - these being Opera 6, IE6 and Netscape 6.2 (- that's in order of preference).

There's really little or no point in designing for Netscape 4.

Advertisement