Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh NTL Cable where art thou?

Options
  • 28-02-2002 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

I'm in Dublin 6W (Harold's Cross/Mt. Argus) and am awaiting the magical powers of cable to come and free me from torture and slavery by eircom.

NTL people said "about two weeks for you matey" about three weeks ago.

Has anyone else in Dublin 6W been connected yet and if so what area / road are you living.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

i am in dublin 6W, templeogue, although i havnt signed up yet for it, i am in an upgraded area that can get it. go back through the Net/Coms and IrelandOffline posts, theres loads about ntl cable and the areas etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

What has got to be remembered is that it's only certain areas within Dublin 24, 6W etc that have been upgraded. I believe that all this upgrading was done prior to Feb or March 2001. Since then they have just been selling the service to the existing upgraded customers.

I would not believe this "two week" business but let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Difficult

I rang them up and they had installed 5 days after the call. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I rang them up and they had installed 5 days after the call.

Great, glad to hear it, well done, thanks for that.

Anybody else in Dublin 6W???

sarcasim, well done,fair play thanks for that, very creative.
    your area has been upgraded,
    With NTL you have to force the issue a bit, ie lie.
    Tell them yov'e been in touch with a guy called Alex Lee.
    He organises installations for icl who do the contract work for ntl.
    and youv'e been waiting 3 weeks. you were told it would be done in two, and that alex said to ring for installation date.
    and don't be as sarcastic to them on the phone as you were in your post and you might get somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Well if you had of answered the question in the first place instead of gloating, he wouldn't have had to be sarcastic.

Sorry Difficult,

No offence intended. I'll ring them on Monday and see how the land lies.

Pie it's preety simple.
    installation after 5 days...
    someone waiting 3 weeks........
    sum ting is wong. no ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭R_Tribesman

yes i waited exactly 3 weeks and 2 days (im not sure about the 2 days it could be 3 :-) )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

been covered before but anyhow
    i live in templeogue (kennington) and i've had cable for about 3 months now.
    afaik its not yet available in mt argus.

• Advertisement

Well I rang them today and the NTL girl said ""I would not have a clue about when your area will be upgraded, we don't have that kind of information available to us, the only people that would know are the engineers who are upgrading"

So that was that really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭jiffy

I ring them every two weeks to see if they've upgraded my area yet (Ellensborough D24) only to be told that they haven't and can't tell me when they will ! The sales / customer service reps are useless !

Advertisement