Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your web browser of choice?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hmmm keep it civil people. Your choice of browser is not akin to a religious faith and this board will not tolerate holy wars.

Personally I use IE. I used Navigator since version 1 (with the big blue N) but eventually saw a series of crap IE's get released until version 3.0 was released and found using it a lot fun. Then I battled with practicality fighting concousness of the evil MS and MS won out.

But the way I see it, Linux is doing the same thing to Windows, it's getting better because there's decent competition between the various venders and eventually it'll be a better product than windows on the workstation level (it's already superior on the server level). So I fully expect to be eventually running Linux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Difficult

The way I see it is.
    By the time Linux is user friendly it will be just as bad as windows.
    In my eyes *nix in general is all ready user friendly, its' just picky who it's friends are, you can't blame microsoft for what's going on with the browsers, you guys have educated yourself and choose the browser that suits you, why can't everyone else ?
    Lazy ? or don't care ? it was mentioned that some users were too lazy to download netscape, so can you really see them wondering around MAN pages all day ? not in this life time.
    Why wait for the future of Linux. when it's all ready here and can be downloaded at http://www.freebsd.org .
    use what you need when you need it.

http://people.freebsd.org/~murray/bsd_flier.html

Enjoy

*sigh* I knew I shouldn't have mentioned linux as a metaphor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

IE seems to be the fav.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

IE, Mozilla, Opera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Opera 6, IE 6 and Netscape 6.2 (Mozilla/Gecko) - and in that order.

The person who calls himself a 'web developer', uses only IE and doesn't bother testing sites he writes in at least 2 more browsers far too myopic to really be a proper 'web developer'.

As has been said, you're not a 'web developer', you're an 'IE developer'. :p

Some of you, however, just need to get out more :rolleyes:

Hmm, didn't expect to see non-Ie browsers to even get a look in. But based on this (highly inaccurate) poll it does make sense to check your site in other browsers.

I do have Opera 6.1 installed and occasionally use it, but once you're familar with one browser it takes a lot to make the switch.

Getting cluttered. Unstuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

IE everytime! I hate netscape. They have here in my college as the default browser but everybody just uses IE instead cuz netscape is so crappy and doesn't support loads of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by suppafly
    IE everytime! I hate netscape. They have here in my college as the default browser but everybody just uses IE instead cuz netscape is so crappy and doesn't support loads of things!

Which version of NS?? Cause ver 6+ works a charm with most sites that are "IE ONLY" :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement