Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unused boards

• 28-02-2002 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

There seems to be a lot of unused boards, or boards with very little traffic... Belvedere, Lorc Interactive (?), Mad Radio, spring to mind.. Or are these community boards which can't be deleted or something? What's the deal here? Why aren't they removed?

The sudden rise in boards here is one of the reasons I stopped visiting boards.ie for a good few months, I've only started again because I have nothing to do on breaktimes in work experience. What if it has a similar effect on others?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

And it'd be a real shame if you stopped visiting again :rolleyes: These 'extra' boards that are preying on your mind so badly are hardly doing any harm, so why do you actually give a toss??

The fact that you aren't interested them is hardly a reason to have them deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

No. What I'm suggesting is that the fact that they aren't used is grounds for their deletion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

No way, I want MORE unused boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

So long Kopf, nice knowing you here.

Delete the Belvedere board ? The mere suggestion will have Dev kicking in your door..

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

hmm.

I think after deleting the 'unused' boards, we should have ourselves a good old fashioned book burning.

Personally I want to chuck 'Gerry Springers guide to stable relationships', 'Bill Coby's guide to tribble framing' and 'Debbie does Dallas'.

Once this is finished, perhaps we could 12 click some of the members whose names start with a factorial of Cloud+Dev's post count times the number of accounts mod 26 every Tuesday?

Then we could write an (open source) resursive alogrithm which kicks in at pseudo random times and simply posts right wing repressive abuse to forum n based on the insertion sort alogrigthm?

Dang rednecks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

I don't see what the big problem is with my proposal - the addition of new boards is debated on whether they would be used and not a waste of space. Why should unused boards (and, yes, they are unused, from what I can see) go on existing?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Actually, I'm with Kopf on this one... I dont see why we shouldnt discuss the destruction of forums just as readily as we discuss the creation of them.

I happen to disagree with Kopf on the details but the idea of discussion is sound.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that civil discussion is ALWAYS ok and I can see no reason why we should ever witch hunt anyone for such a suggestion.

Personally, I love to see people I dont know start to take an interest in the welfare/wellbeing of Boards.
    I mean, in the end its going to be the admins decision because you simply CANT run things with a vote every 5 minutes, someone somewhere has to have a bigger plan into which the smaller bits fit.

That shouldnt prevent people debating stuff here because we often alter our plan and views based on what people here say.

I mean, I dunno if you see that but that happens a LOT!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

...Dev???? Dev, are you all right???????????

/me repeatedly slaps cheeks trying to bring Dev out of happy semiconscious state...

Help! Someone! Anyoneeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Jesus...

I was just gonna blurt a massive rant!

Thought the lotr board was missing...

But it's nice what has been done, there's no need for an entire section, and two seperate boards for lotr.
    This is quite acceptable.

And for those who are about to flip, the lotr board is now found under Community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

May i be of service?

Got a forum u like but noone else gives a toss?
    Forum dieing from lack of interest?

Then call azezil and associates, we guarantee your forum will be livelier than ever. Your forum will enjoy a steady stream of traffic which will grab the attention of supporters and haters alike.
    So grab your check book now and give azezil and associates a call, your forum life may depend on it.

Disclaimer:
    Traffic may be purely spam, topics may not be relivant

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

The game Editing Board has, thankfully, been stroked off the "Unused" list thanks to my annoying personality and impressive ability to talk a solid brick wall to death...

Advertisement