Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Console Of All Time??

Options
  • 28-02-2002 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

What is your favourite console of all time??

Mine has to be the SNES. some brilliant games and v.affordable when it came out. spent many an hour playin mariokart. my brother gave it away years ago but im buying one next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Dreamcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

/me spooges all over his Super Nintendo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Playstation.
    It really delivered some gaming gems to me and is still going with FFVI out soon..wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Megadrive when it 1st came out .
    No Snes when it came with street fighter and that Joypad.
    No N64 when it finally arrived with Mario.
    No sorry maybe Dreamcast .
    What is with all these hard questions ?
    :)
    Kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

In their own generations:
    SNES
    PlayStation
    Dreamcast

Overall, Im not sure which I would choose. The PlayStation had some real gems - how could it not, being easily the most mainstream of its generation? On the other hand, it also had a HELL of a lot of crap... I guess DreamCast was the most reliable in terms of game quality - the games were consistently good (very few really bad games).

If i were given the choice of one of the three (with games), i guess id say DreamCast on balance, but Final Fantasy 7 remains THE best game ever...

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

In their own generations:

SNES knocked the pants off megadrive

Afterwards I got a ps1 and then swapped it for an N64 then reswapped it for a ps1 then bought another n64 (zelda) then ps1 again (don't ask)

And now :

PS2 / GC / XBOX ~ Probably b PS2

No all time favourite yet - I'm still waiting for a holodeck style console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

dreamcast comes tops for me followed closely by the snes
    but another great sega one tha was way ahead of its time and was great was the sega gamegear,proper colour mortal kombat kicked ass on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Atari Jaguar of course.

But seriously though, the Atari 2600, I played it for more years than my PS1. Hard to say which I enjoyed more subjectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

We had this one for years... the Grandstand SD070 Video Sports Centre Electronic Game - endorsed by Kevin Keegan... and it was great fun :) ... 10 different games, - all of which were Pong.

In fact, it's still up in the attic to this day... unfortunately, it doesn't seem as if I'd get much for it... if this auction of one on Yahoo is anything to go by :(

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

But seriously though, the Atari 2600, I played it for more years than my PS1. Hard to say which I enjoyed more subjectively.

my first console too. many many fun hours playing that 32 games in one thing and ms. pac man.
    joypad pissed me off tho, and i bought a second, but i threw the fecking thing about when i was about 12 or something and now i miss it bad :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Vivi

It was a close one between the PlayStation and the SNES, but i got to go with the SNES just because of the hour of multiplayer games spent with the lads fighting about who was the best at bomberman, mario cart, street fighter etc. But the PlayStation had FFVII...........................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Spectrum ZX =*)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

People will scream at their monitros for this but, Amiga600.
    Or the Megadrive.
    Didn't like the PSX.
    Dreamcast was OK.
    Don't like Consoles much anyways.
    What's the point if you have a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i think my favourites are the one's i bought :):

atari 2600 (my first console!!)
    nes (mario3 ownage :))
    ps1 (bought it simply to play wipeout. still owns me)
    n64 (zelda. zelda. zelda.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

SNES knocked the pants off megadrive

Megadrive because it knocked the pants off SNES.

I bought it in 1990 and it was the best 16bit machine until Christmas 1994 when the games developpers finally got their heads around SNES's sluggish processor and delivered some interesting RPGs. But at that stage 16bit was over - I was looking to Playstation for kicks.

Mega Drive had slightly crud colour selection but blew me away with the speed. You just can't beat arcade ports and sports games :D. There weren't a whole lot of RPGs but those that did come out were so much more intelligent and challenging than the SNES action RPGs that made it popular in the last year of 16bit.

SNES came out on top in the end but I don't care. Sega were the ones who pushed the boundaries and took risks while Ninty worried about how 16bit might harm their NES sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

the commodore 64 :D ... ho no wait, that was'nt a console :(

The NES !!!!! Oh, what a beast it was in its day.. super mario 3 ... ah man I loved that game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

SNES
    Although I also loved the NES, cant get much better than playing California Games with a load of mates

Advertisement