Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any free web hosting that supports CGI?

• 01-03-2002 3:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I know geocities and angelfore don't. I have written a PERL CGI script and just need a free host that supports CGI and sendmail. any links?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

Don't know of a site that hosts cgi scripts offhand but www.thefreesite.com is a good place to start looking.

Also check out

http://www.hostedscripts.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 aus_boy

Originally posted by Rolo Tomasi
    Don't know of a site that hosts cgi scripts offhand but www.thefreesite.com is a good place to start looking.

Also check out

http://www.hostedscripts.com/

cheers man, I'll do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Ive tried a few and found www.netfirms.com about the best for free hosting with CGI, ect.
    I Admin a Small private Bulletin Board (Ikonboard) there and it's okay sometimes a little slow but hey what do you want for nothing.
    Hope you find what you want

RedShift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 aus_boy

Originally posted by Redshift
    Ive tried a few and found www.netfirms.com about the best for free hosting with CGI, ect.
    I Admin a Small private Bulletin Board (Ikonboard) there and it's okay sometimes a little slow but hey what do you want for nothing.
    Hope you find what you want

RedShift

thanks for that! my perl script works now as a web form handler on my site! much appreciated. I owe you a pint if I'm ever back in Dublin. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by aus_boy

thanks for that! my perl script works now as a web form handler on my site! much appreciated. I owe you a pint if I'm ever back in Dublin. :)

Anytime M8;

RedShift

• Advertisement
Advertisement