Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with NERO on a Yamaha burner

• 06-02-2001 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭

Recently im getting a Yrack Following Error when im burning files with nero on my Tamaha 24x8x8 ide burner
    This usually happens when i burn at 8speed
    it happens at random %'s into the burn sometimes on 99%

this error results in the production of a coaster :/
    Im on a P3 500 - 192 ram and sufficent HD space

Anyone get this b4 - Mon lads this is costime me in cd's frown.gif

Ph33r CATBERT !!! catbert.gif

[This message has been edited by StrataGIST (edited 06-02-2001).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

no idea.. only time i ever get coasters is when i press eject on the other cd drive during file burning (not cd copy),
    for some reason this ties up the ide cable long enough for the burner to run out of cache.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Did you try writing the CD at a slower speed like 4x yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Yes i have and it dosent happen anything as often
    but i bought an 8speed burner so i cood write at 8x frown.gif

Ph33r CATBERT !!! catbert.gif

[This message has been edited by StrataGIST (edited 08-02-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Are you using crappy CD-R media? Afaik, some discs are only rated to 4x and may go a bit wonky at higher speeds. (This is about as much as I know on the subject smile.gif)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

yeah a mate of mine had that problem too, cant remember how he fixed it tho. i've been trying to backup my music cd's (so i can keep the original as a backup and lose the burned one) and i can't seem to do it with only one drive frown.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

CD clone is great for backing up stuff music games ect ect a real god send if you have kids and a hord of nephews like i have hehehehe if ive told the little darlings once ive told em a thousand times put them back in there cases when your finished how this translares into play frizzbys put your coke down on them and wipe your **** with them ill never know ?

Stone biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Try different CD brands and different speeds to see what works best. And always reboot before burning at high speed on an IDE burner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Void

This is all lovely.

But you can't just copy games (not that I've EVER tried or anything). They have a wierd CD format.
    As I understand it, a game (modern?) CD-ROM is bigger than a "normal" CD, and the only way to copy the fúckers is to buy special CD-RW's or something. 700 MB ones? This whole arcane procedure remains somewhat nebulous to me, but I'm sure there are some people out there who can find it in their heart to enlighten us?

Sorry, was that a f04b1dden m4st34 w4R3z p14at3 5k1ll I was looking for?

(Excuse my spelling, I normally amn't so l33t).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Jesus Pete your talking like some sort of guy wots gota poker stuck up his ass.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Void:
    This is all lovely.

But you can't just copy games (not that I've EVER tried or anything). They have a wierd CD format.
    As I understand it, a game (modern?) CD-ROM is bigger than a "normal" CD, and the only way to copy the fúckers is to buy special CD-RW's or something. 700 MB ones? This whole arcane procedure remains somewhat nebulous to me, but I'm sure there are some people out there who can find it in their heart to enlighten us?

Sorry, was that a f04b1dden m4st34 w4R3z p14at3 5k1ll I was looking for?

(Excuse my spelling, I normally amn't so l33t).
    </font>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

Of course you can back up games u actaly own as you say there are some games that give dummy files ie tells you there is more data on the original than will fit on a blank but if you want to mess about you can bypass that personal with 700 meg cd`s being just as cheap as 650 there doesnt seem much point.Word of warning here lads avoid platinum brand cd,s i bought a few had to send em back then the replacement had the same error message media error calibration area full which i dont get with any other cd-r ive tried.wierd thing is some of them have worked before in the past poor quality control me thinks.

Stone biggrin.gif

For a fuller explanation of how all this malarky works check out this site

http://www.gamecopyworld.com/

[This message has been edited by THE SPERMINATOR (edited 17-02-2001).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement