Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Earth

Options
  • 01-03-2002 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭

Have ever read this novel?

I read it once years ago, and thought it was excellent.

When they made that tripe movie, i decided to hunt it up again. So I found a second hand copy and gave it another read.

Very enjoyable book. I dont think any of that ****e about Hubbard enters into it. Read as a scifi novel it is a good read.

Anyone else care to comment?

X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

it may be good..

but its still propaganda for Hubbard and his bunch of fruitcakes..

awful cartoon/movie..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

It's a fantastic novel.. Read it twice...

Hubbard wrote science fiction to fund his scientology cult, however, this doesn't detract from his fiction, as they are far and twixt.. His propaganda does not leak into his SF novels..

Strongly urge any SF readers to pick this one up, and I defy you not to enjoy it.. (Might help if you haven't seen the disastrous movie!)..

Maybe Scientology is his greatest work of fiction though?
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    it may be good..

but its still propaganda for Hubbard and his bunch of fruitcakes..

awful cartoon/movie..
    uh how the fsck can you say that if you have never even read it?
    It's a class book and well worth the read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

It's a damned fine epic book and it doesn't sell his cult at all, there is a small anti-government stuff towards the end I think but thats it.

Don't read his satirical work Mission Earth, its ****e, stupid me bought the whole series, book one and two may be good, but the rest of them are crap and should have been edited way back.

Its very conspiratorial and paranoid and anti-authority.

Advertisement