Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn last night?

Options
  • 01-03-2002 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

How was the Turn gig last night? Any new material played? Was it good? And how was Paddy Casey?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

didn't let my j!ve get toned down by paddy casey label bloody ROCKED like a bunch of who-ers on fire!!!

turn didst also jiveth...but well they aren't fully "it"for me.
    i'm more hardcore ,myself now,but the boys know how to RAWK

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

Just got "In Position"
    Its Very very good, Really crisp, refreshing, cool, simple but enigmatic, different direction in a way slightly darker.
    Its really cheap too.
    Hope there playing at Witnness this year
    (They were the top act for me last year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭insanebadgergirljess

in positions fairly cool.i hope their next albums out soon,they play so many good songs that aren't on 'in position' or 'antisocial'. they were brilliant at the album launch today in tower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭megameaty

i actually thought the EP was kinda expensive, but maybe its just because im a smelly student. Ah well, the money's going to the band, so i suppose it was worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

It was a really good gig, i wasn't a big fan off them but i am now, they have very good songs.

• Advertisement

bloomin hell!

i'm NOT a fan of the e.p.!

but then again i love the guys live- even tho they're not "it" for me- but i didn't like antisocial over all too much....too....chilled...

same thing with the e.p.

love "in postion"the song.love it.

and a certain song *6;59* sounds terrribly like *catch on you*....

ste you plagiarist...

what you think trev?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

Gar, lord Byrne wrote that song back in August (i was there), maybe it's the other way 'round?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

I thought label were poor.. and it always annoys me when Irish singers put on these big american accents..

Enjoyed paddy casey, especially the 1st song he played.

Turn were cool, incredibly tight & professional with fantastic stage presence. I'm not a fan of their old stuff with the exception of 'too much make up' and 'face down' but every song they played from the new mini-album was a cracker, I'll certainly be picking up a copy.

i thought label were most jiving...

kick; listen to catch on you; and tell me if you agree or not...siegmund freud*spelling?* is at work with the subconcious...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

Well Gar my good man,
    as the KickingMan said, 6:59 was written last August, well before Catch on You was ever played by the Turn boys, therefore any similarities between the two are purely coincidental. That is all!

• Advertisement

ollie the thieving backstard....

tho i do think that it might be t'other way...
    but i'll believe a knome
    before a turn

Advertisement