Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right - what's going on with my mouse?

• 17-02-2001 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

Ok - I'm having trouble with my mouse. Every so often it just stops working - completely.

I've tried everything to get it back but the only thing that works is rebooting. Sometimes the keyboard seizes up too. Now this doesn't happen after I've been doing any one thing in particular or after I've been using the computer for a long period of time or anything.

Anyone got any ideas what it might be? Could it be some pesky little virus causing this to happen?

I'm the Dude

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Might sound obvious/offensive/degrading, but maybe you should try re-installing the drivers ?
    That or you may have a toilet-load of muck and dirt around the mouse ball smile.gif

Nil Desperandum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I had that problem a while back - it always happened to me while playing games. Installing new mouse drivers did the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Is is a Intellimouse Explorer? I find mine stops working when there is a large load on the processor. On my new computer it's usually only for a second or two but on the old one it used to stop completly. I updated the drivers but plugging it out and in (if it's USB) was the only thing that would work.

For some reason you're not supposed to plug in and out PS/2 devices while the power is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

I would try going with the driver reinstall first.

If this does not work and you are on P/S 2 it could be as simple as static, try swapping the keyboard and mouse around as this could solve the problem.

Leverz

Werks and I dont know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

if the keyboards seizing up too then its a problem with your O/S crashing and not your mouse.
    its just one of those random windows flaws that affects us all smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement