Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands you love but others hate...

Options
  • 01-03-2002 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Well i myslef like limp bizkit but alot of people seem to hate them.:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Yeah I hate em... No talent.

I like Morbid Angel but lots of people hate em around my area. Actually they hate most of the music I listen to. Good job theres a good few moshers around here to back me up. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You want a list???

Well, if I was saying one band, it would probably be Cradle Of Filth.
    People who don't know **** think they're are a new band, and therefor paint 'em with the same brush as slipknot.
    And the people who do know their **** hate 'em for selling out, and being popular with all the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

I love them soooooooooooooooo much
    but ever time I play them on a jukebox people start complaining.
    Cad e an sceal like?

Its all a matter of taste I say.

But Rock Lobster is a dam right Classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

My most loved band in the world are Guns N' Roses.

They seem(ed) like such a bunch of talented musicians and the music sounded great, and never got boring. Why nobody else sees them like this I can't figure out. Maybe it's because some people don't bother listening to an album all the way through or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

the gunners rule!...well they did for 3 or 4 years anyway,
    but those first albums still rock

yeah, i hate B52s and limp B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

I'm listening to the B52s right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

sadly i like jj72 and nobody else seems to especially being 22 and as i witnessed at their concert about 4-5 years older then most of their fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

oh god, so many to mention.

Mansun, Suede, MMMMMMUUUUUSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE, Embrace, Gomez, Slade, T Rex, New Order. oh. and OAAAAASSSSSIIIISSSSSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

These kinda threads are mind-numbingly boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 flash_girl

Well then PIE, dont read it!
    I like a band called The Blue Nile, but more to the point of nobody liking em, nobodys actually heard of em besides me it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Em they guy (Matthew Bellamy) is filled with musical talent and energetic pulse, and alot of people dont seem to like there music.. very ****ing odd :/

emm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Listinging to Mansun - Cancer at the moment. There is allways one person out there. Now Mansun have very odd music indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

I love Aerosmith, I think they are probably the best rock'n'roll band ever.... but alot of people think they suck, even Aerosmith fans. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

They're right Aerosmith do suck, so do Muse and Embrace while I'm at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I love Aerosmith!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

you can't say muse suck;
    you can say you don't like them; but to say that they suck is retarded,monkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Muse are fscking fantastic! Everyone likes Muse, go to a concert....incredible!!

Anyhoo, I like Suede, I don't tell very many people that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Mansun rule in my opinion!!! ANd I love Pulp but I seem to be alone in that pretty much........:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

pulp j!ve to the max

not a mansun fan

dislike and disrespect most indie (what i consider pop)bands.

i do think that this is hardcore is the most sinister,filthy,dark album.marilyn manson could never be so black;not even if he were black.

this is hardcore,the song itself is DISGUSTING" in
    it's chorus...the video dooesnt do it justice to how damn dark it is...they could have had a strobe light...and some mud...maybe they'd be nearer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Originally posted by flash_girl

I like a band called The Blue Nile, but more to the point of nobody liking em, nobodys actually heard of em besides me it seems!

If you mention them to any Irish music fans over the age of 27 they'll probably have heard of them. Especially if they listened to Capital Radio in the 80s. I remember digging out "A Walk Across the Rooftops" a couple of eyars back, it does sound very dated, but in a good way. Standout track is still "Tinstletown", which transports me back to being 14 with eery accuracy.

• Advertisement

That't not how you spell eerie, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 flash_girl

Wow. Lolo, someone who actually has heard of the band besides myself! my fave track from "A Walk Across rooftops" is Easter Parade and my fave from "Peace At Last" is Family Life but i cant find their other album "Hats" anywhere at all. Ive tried everywhere. Hopefully i'll have more luck finding it in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

none of my friends understood my passion for the Beach Boys when I was about 16!! I still love them to this day. I've found a few people who adore them - but only like 4 or 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anony

I love the classic disco band Chic......... Nile Rodgers & Bernard Edwards(RIP) ,the two guys behind Chic are in my opinion up there with the best as far as songwriting production teams go....... between 1977 and 1980 there wrote, produced and preformed 3 chic albums, Sister Sledge's brilliant We are Family album, Koo Koo Debbie's Harry's first solo record ,Spacer by sheila & B Devotion and Diana Ross's, Diana album......what a run .........

Someone mentioned Suede back a bit whom I also like......thought they are starting to wain a bit.....I love the first 3 albums ...... Bernard Butler is definetly a guitar hero of mine.....I'm so dissapointed he's trying to become one of those dull, pious singer/ songwriter type's .......... come on bernard what the **** are ya at.

Originally posted by anony
    I love the classic disco band Chic......... Nile Rodgers & Bernard Edwards(RIP) ..... between 1977 and 1980 there wrote, produced and preformed 3 chic albums, Sister Sledge's brilliant We are Family album, Koo Koo Debbie's Harry's first solo record ,Spacer by sheila & B Devotion and Diana Ross's, Diana album......what a run .........
    Pity the Debbie H album is so crap then! (The rest of the stuff is great though). They're also behind the much-underrated late 80s Duran Duran album 'Notorious'
    Originally posted by anony
    Bernard Butler is definetly a guitar hero of mine.....I'm so dissapointed he's trying to become one of those dull, pious singer/ songwriter type's .......... come on bernard what the **** are ya at. [/B]
    He lives down the road from me and is recording a new album in his home studio as we speak. Twill probably be more earnest singer-songwriter stuff though.

Advertisement