Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy cheap sheets of metal

Options
  • 01-03-2002 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

any 1 know a cheap supplier of sheets of metal in dublin?

or dose nay 1 know any websites

im looking for material for case mods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I am working on this. I have a few contacts, but bear with me. There is no use annoying metal stock holders as they are unlikely to sell anything under a few hundred Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

every online store ive seen only sells batches of 100 - 1500 sheets witch = megga bucks

its a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

actually metal works are good palces to pick that stuff up, you often get off cuts and the like that they would normaly throw away.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Boston is correct it is the best place to get bits of metal as i work in a metal workshop and we get people in every day for bits of plate and such and it is cheap also. If it is very small we might just let u rumage away in the bin

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

hmm cool i might check that out

i could just ask my metal work teacher to order some in they get it all a nocked down prices

• Advertisement
Advertisement