Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good guitar shop in dublin?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭clevenger

musician inc are sound, musicmaker a bit freaky but sound

waltons/instrumental = arses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

In fairness to instrumental they did offer us (gigsmart) a nice discount to our cardholders and they're also sponsoring something Trem-gigsmart-endus of which more will be revealed soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

Originally posted by Lemming

Rock Steady's been LONG gone (that was that place opposite the DIT school of music). It's a cafe or somethuing now.

second amendment, so to speak... they're not gone, they moved, to the aforementioend place in clarendon or fitzwilliam street. it's the one way that leads down towards stephen's green centre anyhow... i can't ever remember them being anywhere else...

:-)

AtlantaSuburb

Beany I've sorted out a deal for ya: Phone me on 085-7189920

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

the guys in perfect pitch were real nice and helpful, and new their stuff too... less salesmen more lads who work in the shop... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anony

I done an interview for a job in Music Maker years ago while I was on my lunch break fom HMV ....... I think there were 3 diffrent stages of interview, I got to the second oh well....always though that would be a cool job....although I'd say the pay is crap........

the only reason I go into guitar shops anymore is to get strings...... once you've got a decent guitar (1993 american fender stratocaster w/ seymour duncan humbucker at the bridge) an amp and some effects there's no need really.........although I would like one of those univibe pedals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

Originally posted by anony
    once you've got a decent guitar (1993 american fender stratocaster w/ seymour duncan humbucker at the bridge)

really? that's cool! i thought i was the only one! :) the guys in musician inc certainly LOOKED worried when i asked them to put a humbucker into my tele! *lol* (nashville model, essentially a strat in a tele body) seymour duncan here, too, the duckbucker. which amp are you using?

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 chuckmcpinion

ther should still be a second hand pod version 1 in instrumental with a footswitch. i traded it in last week against a flextone.
    its a great shop the guys are sound and they know their stuff.
    Music Maker do have that whole im better than u thing goin on which sucks cos the customer is always right were the ones paying their wages.

www.pinion.2ya.com

Thats it chuck. Blow the deal wide into the open!!!! See yis on Tuesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

So other than Walton's, where can you get a decent Epiphone Les Paul?

I'm talking about a lovely LP Classic, with 2 seymour duncan pickups, and a beautiful Sunburst Flametop, and silver Hardware. *Dribble Dribble Dribble*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭clevenger

not trying to rain on yer parade but don't bother with an epiphone,had mine for two years and it sounds good and looks great but ain't the most reliable, if i had a penny for every time the jack input broke... etc,stupid little things go wrong and it never stays in tune regardless of how you string it, it makes me cry. get a job for another 6months and go by the real deal you wont regret it.

a gibson is for life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

Originally posted by clevenger
    not trying to rain on yer parade but don't bother with an epiphone,had mine for two years and it sounds good and looks great but ain't the most reliable, if i had a penny for every time the jack input broke... etc,stupid little things go wrong and it never stays in tune regardless of how you string it, it makes me cry. get a job for another 6months and go by the real deal you wont regret it.

a gibson is for life...

that is SO true (shakes head).

input jacks :
    pickup switch :
    tuning is crap (always the b string - ALWAYS went out)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i bought a lovely Aria Pro II from Musician, its a thing of beauty.

Bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

i just bought a gorgeous laney lh50r from musician

deffo best dublin shop

Advertisement