Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WARNING WARNING DOCTOR SMITH.....

• 19-02-2001 2:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

Just to warn you though its unlikely youll be heading that way i just downloaded and tried to install MDAC 2.5 from microsfofts site[a prog required it].Boy did i get a nasty suprise symptons pc hangs on startup message appears explorer toltaly boooolixed go away.I had win98 which was supposed to be ok but it didnt like it one bit.point being i couldnt get back into windows at all not even in safe mode.For the crack i routed around in edit for a good few hours to see if i could remove the offending artical but nope tried to extract me exploerer cab files tried to uninstall windows nope abslotely nothing worked ended up having to format c drive defeated aahhhhhgggg.So i was just wondering anyone ever had this nasty nasty thing before and howd you get arround it?.

Stone biggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

hmm, i vaguely remembering installing it for some reason on my previous machine....it was 98 aswell i think, possibly first edition and it worked fine.

At least i dont remember any difficulties with it.

Snaga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Void

That's Microsoft Data Access Components. It installs various ODBC drivers and stuff, 2.5 isn't the latest version. The early versions of ADO in it are slightly unstable if I remember. Could be wrong though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

Ya there is an updated version 2.6 Not sure what it didnt like but it realy knocked the crap out of explorer for me hehe.

Stone biggrin.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

ppl on the macromedia.ultradev newsgroup were saying "Don't do it!!!" about 2.6

Advertisement