Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

printer..

• 02-03-2002 4:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi, I really don't know if this is the right forum to post in so I'm really sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

I have a problem with my printer and basically I think it's completely ****ed so am planning on buying a new one this week, but thought I'd ask for someone elses opinion first just in case.

I've no idea what the problem is but sometimes it prints and sometimes it doesn't, but most of the time it just refuses to work. Sometimes when you plug it in the light on it comes on, sometimes not... mostly not.
    Sometimes it just turns itself on for no reason, without anyone going near it.

[It's a HP Deskjet 670C by the way, about 2 yrs old].

Sometimes an error message comes up saying the printer has lost communication etc etc but if I run one of those communication test things, it says that 2-way communication is perfect.

So I reckon it's just banjaxed. Any opinions? Sorry for my lack of tech knowledge :)

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

1. To use the technical terminology, it sounds fücked.
    2. It is probably not worth getting fixed.
    3. Buy a new one, inkjet printers are cheap.

P.S. you could open it up and check for dry/bad solder joints on the board, particularly around the comms. port and power in areas, you might spot something like a bad contact that could be resoldered.
    If not, refer to point 2 above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,462 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not sure waht could be wrong. Are you happy that all the cables connect properly?

The reason it 'turns itself on' may be that it is warming up the fusing unit (not sure what type your model is).

Be aware that many bubblejets have very poor water resistance - a single rain drop could ruin 8 - 10 lines.

Advertisement