Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Died - Help

Options
  • 02-03-2002 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

My PS2 has just died, 2 months after the gaurentee ran out and 6 days before the release of MSG2. :mad: Anyway when I turn the machine on - nothing, no power, not a whisper. Having looked into known faults it would appear it might be the power supply thats faulty. Would anyone know of a good place to leave it in for repair. I live in Dublin.

UPDATE:
    No need for assistance as I brought the console back to Game in Blanch on the offchance. Imagine my surprise when they replaced it with a new one, no quibbling. Fair play to Game, I know where I'll be buying my XBOX.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Insider info: if you ring them and shout loud enough there are chances they will replace the power supply for you for free, as it is a common fault in the machines. Ring and say nobody will help you, that it's not acceptable a console breaks down 2 month after warranty expired and that you are going to contact the media + gamers society. Harrass them a bit and it should go fine.

Alternatively, there is a Sony repair shop just beside Peats on Parnel street...

Advertisement