Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard disk problem

• 02-03-2002 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering of anybody would be able to help me out with a little problem i am having with one of my Harddisks.

It a 20GB Quantum Fireball. It was working fine on my PC ( win2k, Athlon 1000, 512 MB RAM), until one day when windows decided that it was now disconnected. I thought the power cable had come lose so checked all the cabling and tried it again..but it didn't work. The i changed the IDE cable, that didn't work, gave it a new power lead, didn't work, put it on a different IDE channel, that didn't work either.
    Windows is able to detect the drive fine, it just thinks that it is either unformatted or there is an incorrect parameter....it doesn't give any more details that that.

I though that maybe the drive when screwed so i took it out and stuck it inot my sisters PC running windows ME and it worked fine. The drive had just Music on it but i really don't want to lose all that music.

Any ideas? Thanks for you help,
    Niall
    :confused:

Advertisement