Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chorus - incompetent knackers

• 20-02-2001 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

I've been depressed since my HD crashed and moaning at everything....so here I go again wink.gif

We got SKY "spawn of satan" Digital there last October. The old man is springing for the whole package (36 a month) and it's actually quite good. There're not forced to offer BBC1, 2, choice, etc. for free in this country like they are in England so they don't, but there's usually something on.

Anyway the guy who did the installation diconnected the Irish Multichannel (now Chorus) stuff we had and I cancelled our subscription, which you have to do in writing, a month in advance. At this point we owed them for October and cos it takes them so long to cancel November as well. I told them the equitment was disconnected and they could collect it whenever they wanted and to send us a final bill.

Nothing happened. Nobody came to collect the equipment. No final bill came. We didn't even get the usual monthly bill we should have gotten if they hadn't cancelled our subscription.

Just before Christmas we received two bills on the same day. Both were for January (they billed us twice for January) and had charges for October, November and December on them as well as late fees. We probably should have phoned them and asked them to sort it out but being Christmas we were all busy and by the time I thought of it we had lost the bills. I didn't really care cos I am far to busy to help them sort out their incometence.

A fortnight ago we got a letter, demanding payment for October, November and the equipment they never called to collect. It was supposed to be quite threatening and said that if we didn't settle out account legal proceedings would be issued. Frankly I think it's deploreable that they would try to intimadate a customer like that. I realise that sometimes they have to chase down people who don't pay but it was because of their own incompetence that the account hadn't been settled.

I think it was fairly stupid too because we have ample proof of their incompetence and I would be fairly competent of escaping any carges they issue against us.

I waited until after the ten days were up and then arranged collection for the equipment and sent off a check. I'm hoping that they have issued legal proceedings and will be out of pocket when they have to cancel them smile.gif

Net result : Chorus have alienated my family as potential customers (and I know my sister was going to subscribe to their digital service) and I'm also advising anyone else who's thinking of signing up with them to reconsider.

Advertisement