Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Die Hard : Nakatomi Plaza Demo

Options
  • 02-03-2002 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

Grrr. Has anyone tried this demo? Got it off a magazine demo CD. One thing though, I can't seem to defuse the bombs :( Can anyone help? I got the wire cutters but I can't seem to select them and whenever I press 'activate' while over a bomb, he just says "I'd better defuse these bombs"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, apparantly everyone has had this problem (me included).

What you have to do is select the wire cutters (as you would do a weapon) and then press fire. Its a horrible interface though.

And a horrible game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by Fidelis
    Grrr. Has anyone tried this demo? Got it off a magazine demo CD. One thing though, I can't seem to defuse the bombs :( Can anyone help? I got the wire cutters but I can't seem to select them and whenever I press 'activate' while over a bomb, he just says "I'd better defuse these bombs"

Press 2 then press it again and you should see arrows around it then move the wheel to change it.

The game is one of the worst fps's ive ever played.
    its crap and the music does my head in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

To be honest that Die Hard Game is a joke , I mean the lithtek engine never looked so bad ,the interface is dire , and wtf ? No exorbidant cusswords! ,not from even a John Mclaine Impersonator . I was truly dissapointed ,as it had the makings of an excellent game in concept

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

if you get past the voices it's ok i thought...i think you have to select secondary weapon and then cycle i think...

my m8 stopped the last bomb on 00:01 left, brilliant.

the graphics are grand IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The graphics looked like a dog on a gf3.
    Has anyone had any problems with the lack of response from the mouse. I have changed the sensitivity loads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Once again may I take this opportunity to say that the LithTech Engine is a load of CRAP!! Fair play to Monolith for attempting to make their own engine but you really know when your playing a LithTech game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Wasn't Blood 2 on the lithtech and Shogo?
    They were fairly decent but this is just plain crap.
    Thank God Medal of Honour:AA was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Oh its still possible to design a fun game around the LitchTech engine but its the engine itself that's just so gammy.

Advertisement