Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows ME

• 18-02-2001 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭

i turned on me puter as usual there about 30 minutes ago...and when windows went to load up i got this ****ing error message telling me 'msgsrv32 has crashed' i pressed close and 'msgsrv32 has caused an error in setup.dll' is thrown in my face....and windows just sits there leg a vegetable.

i restarted a few times then and the same thing kept happening....I tried booting up in safe mode and the same thing happened.

Then i loaded up and the error came up but windows loaded.

anyone got any ideas what's the story here?
    any way to fix it bar a re-install?
    :/
    windows has only been installed since the end of december.

-sHer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

common error in crap operating systems.
    solution = install win2k mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Your best bet would be to boot up with a startup disk. then use extract.exe to get the msgsrv.exe and maybe startup.dll from the cab files on the winme cd and copy them into whereever there supposed to go, probably windows or windows\system.
    Then install win2k.

If you cant do that just boot up from the winme cd and reinstall over your existing messed up one. You will keep all your installed progs and all the previous settings.

<sig>Insert witty signature here</sig>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Delete the file... you know you want to.

Advertisement