Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN Waiting Time..

• 20-02-2001 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

Im on hold at EirCum and thought I would write this..

At my Last Job (Dublin 6) they were waiting just under a year for an ISDN line...

At my last house (Dublin 16) I was waiting 4 1/2 months for High Speed..

Im am now 4 months and counting (Lucan) waiting for an ISDN line for the house...

Who was been waiting longer smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

5 days from order to install smile.gif
    Dublin 24.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I ordered in september and am still waiting, they dont plan on giving it to me anytime soon either.

My latest guess is late May but that could easily be pushed back again.

Wouldnt surprise me if it didnt come till next September, that would be nice, one solid YEAR from order time to install.

How much are those ericom stocks worth again? I wonder why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

ordered it in Feb 1998, didn't get it until October. Plain (unts ... it isn't even that good like ... it's the bare minimum these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

That is just disgraceful. :-/

I ordered Cable, they told me I would have to wait up to a month. 3 days later they rang back and said they could do it in the next couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

First time I ordered it was Feb 1999, got it seven weeks later.

Ordered at a new gaff in August 1999, bout six weeks to put it in - application was 'lost' first time out.

Two general rules are say it's for business use and give your work address to speed things up - they're more interested in what they think will be corporate business.

Also, ring them up and keep doing so to keep track of the order - don't just leave them to it or you'll never hear anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

when i orderd ISDN in london, they told me on the phone they could send somone right away to install it, they chek my detaisl over the phone.

2 hours later they had instaled it, and it worked perfect for 6 month till i left smile.gif

never once saw the line drop, never needed to reconect, always perfect connection through it (28 stable ping to bw servers)

funy how quickly eircel will disconect u though when u dont pay ur bill eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Good tip sutty, Ive done that and got the instalation chap on the phone, told him a *cough* sob story and he said he will be out to me early next week smile.gif

Christ, Im starting to be a productive member of society, if I cant idle on IRC soon Im gonna scream smile.gif

[This message has been edited by tHE vAGGABOND (edited 20-02-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

I know ill h8 myself in the morning for saying this but once i had cut through the on hold ill ask mary im not sure no yes no yes no.It only took a 3 days for them to get me on.Having heard some of the crap that sutty and a good few others have been through i feel guilty about complaining about the service.Still to bloody expencive though hehehe

Stone biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

i was!!!! got it after getting in contact with the engineer's. dont go near the sales reps and cus support muppets. try and get your exchange nubmber from them or the engineer's number.

when i rang the engineer on a friday he said that they never go a work order for me or anyone in leixlip for a few months. so i got the cus support muppet to send it blindly. (they had been telling that there was no free ports on my exchange and that it would take a day or two to get someone out to do a site servay and then a week or two for engineer's to put in new lines.) i rang the engineer back the same friday, told him how long i was weighting for the line. he said he be back on to me. the next day he rang me saying that, he had put in the new ports and would be out to my house on monday.

so now you know

sales/cus ppl = pants

engineer's = gods

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I sat waiting for 4 months for a POTS line in Monaghan... moved to Dublin and sat about for 6 months waiting for ISDN. Moved to the UK, where despite there being NO cable or telephone wiring into the house, BT installed a line within 12 hours of my phonecall, and NTL had me sorted with cable TV, phone and cablemodem within a week. Sigh. It's depressing, but I'd genuinely find it hard to move back to Ireland to work/live until the net access situation has been sorted. Once you've been broadband it's tough to go back smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

Don't tell the missus but i thought about moving back not just coz of the broadband but the general difficulty in getting anything done.building, computer parts, anything government related that doesn't involve them taking huge amounts of money off you[they get surprisingly efficient when they want your money]On the flip side we moved here coz of the quiet guess im getting more than i bargained for hehehehe.

Stone biggrin.gif

Advertisement