Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facts You Should Know

• 03-03-2002 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

If you have had an accident and are thinking how much Personal Injuries money you are going to get, bear this in mind:

If you are off work as a direct result of injuries sustained, when you do get your compensation all moneys paid to you as to sickness benefit will be deducted, as the Government operate a Claw Back System. This could easily soak up any moneys you have been paid.

As to the BRITISH Government moaning about people not putting enough by to cover their pensions. How about the factual cases, where companies have not paid a penny into the persons pension

As one such case comes to mind, the person I refer to worked for the same company for fourteen years, then the company folded leaving him without any pension. How can Government allow such illegal irregularities to happen?

Everyone has the legal right to have a free back check carried out on their current and prior employers payments.

IF YOU DO DECIDE TO HAVE A FREE BACK CHECK CARRIED OUT, DO WRITE INTO THE FORUM AND GIVE US YOUR STORY.

Yours
    Alias Bob

Dont forget my Guinness Bonkey & Co

Please note I stated British Government :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,464 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's OK some of the same stuff happens here. Shouldn't this be 2 different topics though? 'Pensions' and 'Accidents Claims' or some such?

Does this belong in Work or Business / Economy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

2 things come to mind,

with regards to sickness benefits or absenteeism through work related illnesses then i think its proper order that you pay back what you have taken.
    it is a basic form of interest free loan in a way.
    anyway, if you recieve governmant subsidy in sick pay form, the company usually dedusts the difference so that you dont get paid over what you would normally get.
    in other wosrds, you dont get money for nothing....

with regards to pensions, its up to the individual to sort out his or her own life, not the company, not the government, not their parents or next door neighbours.
    i am not going to sort out your pensiona dn i dont expect you to sort out any of mine.
    if a company doesnt subscribe to a pension scheme, then i suggest that the employees all leave, or demand one.

by the way, how exactly is a lack of pension illegal?
    and why is it the governments fault.
    i remember you from before being annoyed over the lack of jobs and blaming the government for that as well when we all know there are plenty of jobs out there.

you certainly have a problem with the ol british government!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Alias Bob

To WhiteWashMan,

You say>>>

With regards to sickness benefits or absenteeism through work related illnesses then think its proper order that you pay back what you have taken.
    It is a basic form of interest free loan in a way.

I say>>>

We already pay Tax & National Insurance to cover this so your comment, suggest that we pay twice.

You say>>>

With regards to pensions, its up to the individual to sort out his or her own life, not the company, not the government, not their parents or next door neighbors.
    i am not going to sort out your pension don't expect you to sort out any of mine.

I say>>>

Who asked you for advice?
    I am the person who is giving the FREE advice, I'm not asking you.

You say>>>

If a company doesn't subscribe to a pension scheme, then I suggest that the employees all leave, or demand one.

I say>>>
    What a ridiculous comment to make. So lets say for example that a Factory employing 500 workers is found not to be paying NI contributions, by your judgment they should all pack up and leave.

You say>>>
    By the way, how exactly is a lack of pension illegal?
    and why is it the governments fault.

I say>>>

As it is a requirement by law, that all employed people working at least 20 hours a week, pay National Insurance, then it is ultimately the responsibility of the Government to ensure that the payments are made.

Anyone with at least two brain cells, should see that from the number of views to this topic it has touched on a subject of high importance to those other than, Irish Moderators who are carried away with their little bit of power by giving sanctimonious comments.

Personally I don't have to bother about work or company pensions as I run my own companies. Yet I am concerned as to the way those individuals that are less fortunate than myself being mistreated and abused by Government Officials Etc. The case you are referring to of the elderly gentleman in Bournemouth being mistreated, this case is currently being handled by one of my legal departments.

Yours
    Alias Bob

Don't forget the Guinness
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Alias Bob
    Irish Moderators who are carried away with their little bit of power by giving sanctimonious comments.
    [/B]
    *pssst* if you look under his user name you'll see he lives in England ;)

To WhiteWashMan,

We already pay Tax & National Insurance to cover this so your comment, suggest that we pay twice.

this is not a pension scheme, its tax and national insurance.
    i think you should make a distinction between a government pension and group pension scheme that companies operate to the benefit of their employees
    To WhiteWashMan,

I say>>>

Who asked you for advice?
    I am the person who is giving the FREE advice, I'm not asking you.

why would you give 'advice' on england to a board that is predominantly irish?
    ireland has different laws, it is no longer part of the british empire. i suggest your advice is about 80 yeas too late.....

as for the advice, you tell people they are allowed to do checks on companies. well, nice one, i'll keep that in mind next time i work for the mafia shall i?
    To WhiteWashMan,

I say>>>
    What a ridiculous comment to make. So lets say for example that a Factory employing 500 workers is found not to be paying NI contributions, by your judgment they should all pack up and leave.

again make the distinction between a comapny pension and tax will you. for someone in the 'business' you dont seem to know hte difference.
    To WhiteWashMan,
    I say>>>

As it is a requirement by law, that all employed people working at least 20 hours a week, pay National Insurance, then it is ultimately the responsibility of the Government to ensure that the payments are made.

no, its up to the company to make sure its paid. after all, its the company that gets in trouble.
    maybe if you run so many of your own business youd be able to take this on board.....
    To WhiteWashMan,

Anyone with at least two brain cells, should see that from the number of views to this topic it has touched on a subject of high importance to those other than, Irish Moderators who are carried away with their little bit of power by giving sanctimonious comments.

whether i am a mod or not is not an issue.
    mods are allowed to give hteir views as well, and since this is my board you are posting on, i feel i should interrupt and ask what you are talking about. i mean it doesnt seem very plain to me what is going on or what you are talking about.
    this board gets a lot of hits anyway, or maybe people just remember your name and look in here for a giggle at what youve written. either way i dont care.

and to be honest this isnt a forum for your political mandate against the british governement. if you check you will find a baord labelled polotics which may suit you better, and hopefully the intelligencia fo ireland will view it there.....

and why does it matter if i am a moderator? i can still point out to you what i think is wrong.
    To WhiteWashMan,

Personally I don't have to bother about work or company pensions as I run my own companies. Yet I am concerned as to the way those individuals that are less fortunate than myself being mistreated and abused by Government Officials Etc. The case you are referring to of the elderly gentleman in Bournemouth being mistreated, this case is currently being handled by one of my legal departments.

if you run your own companies, then i would say that you should be very much concerned with pensions, or are you making a distinct difference now?
    im glad your legal departments feel the need to help those less fortunate. its nice to see there is some selflessness in the world

• Advertisement

To WhiteWashMan,

So you Live in Sunny Surrey do you?

Well, that perhaps explains (why in your prior posts) the series of misspellings and bad grammar, as I have yet to come across a Surrey-man, that can either spell or use grammar correctly.

You should stick to your White Washing, you are well out of your depth here pal. How the heck did IOL select you as a moderator, when you clearly can't read and write?

Yours
    Alias Bob
    Dont forget my Guinnes

To WhiteWashMan,

yes
    To WhiteWashMan,

Well, that perhaps explains (why in your prior posts) the series of misspellings and bad grammar, as I have yet to come across a Surrey-man, that can either spell or use grammar correctly.

ah, cant think of anything useful to say eh so you have to lower yourself to pitiful comments about peoples grammer?

shame on you.
    To WhiteWashMan,You should stick to your White Washing, you are well out of your depth here pal. How the heck did IOL select you as a moderator, when you clearly can't read and write?

how am i out of my depth?
    perhaps you can educate me instead of making strange accusations. do you attack everyone that has a differing opinion than you?
    IOL have no input into this website so if i were you id go back and do a little research, unless you are too busy running your businesses?
    i was selected as moderator because when it comes down to it, i can moderate a forum and i am responsible. also because i know the people that run the sight and we like each other.

so bob, you dont have to post here. your post is completely off topic here, and your attitude leaves a lot to be desired.
    i suggest you complain bitterly using the link below and show everyone just how unfair i am and how you think i should be banned from life.

by the way, im not from surrey, im irish, so i expect your comments can be re-directed from a surrey man to an irish person. is this a fair point? do you usually make racist comments. i mean, its not very good coming from a hot shot business man with legal eagles working for him is it. youre not very articulate either, and you certainly dont seem to bright, so i would assume that everything youve said is convaluted rubbish, if not just plain lies.
    post to the humour board in future will you. or did they throw you of for being not funny?

To WhiteWashMan,

The truth is, as I have expressed before, I have found IOL to be the most intellectually stimulating site to date. I welcome constructive and intellectual conversation through any media source, be it Irish, or whatever.

Many of the replies on Political issues in IOL are above the standard found in any other media source. You must understand that the above comment is generalised and not person specific.

Yours
    Alias Bob
    Don't forget the guinness

sorry to butt in like this but why exactly do you make repeated references to IOL? I don't see how they're relivant to what your initial post.

To WhiteWashMan,

The truth is, as I have expressed before, I have found IOL to be the most intellectually stimulating site to date. I welcome constructive and intellectual conversation through any media source, be it Irish, or whatever.

Many of the replies on Political issues in IOL are above the standard found in any other media source. You must understand that the above comment is generalised and not person specific.

Yours
    Alias Bob
    Don't forget the guinness

THIS IS NOT IOL.

iol is a service provider. this is a private website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

To WhiteWashMan,

Aaahaha, oh dear God ... I hope one day I can be as witty and intelligent as 'Bob' ... racist comments, wow.... poking fun at peoples spelling/typing errors... oh the hilarity, the wit!!
    The truth is, you couldn't fault the substance of the opposing posts, so you attack the grammar - that's pretty weak.
    You should stick to your White Washing, you are well out of your depth here pal. How the heck did IOL select you as a moderator, when you clearly can't read and write?
    Where does IOL fit into this picture?
    Everyone knows AOL and Microsoft own the Internet, silly n00b.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by SantaHoe

Where does IOL fit into this picture?
    Everyone knows AOL and Microsoft own the Internet, silly n00b.

Thought it was BT and ET?

Originally posted by PPC

Thought it was BT and ET?

no, ET went home....

To PPC & Co

Oooops I may have to stand corrected, dam it.

As you may or may not know from prior posts of mine, that I have been singing praises of the flippin Message Board of yours saying that it was called," IrelandOFFline."

The fact I have even given praise as to the content of this board to a senior minister of all blinkin people, not to mention the fact as to all the other day to day contacts, all pals of yours truly Alias Bob.

I believe the reason for this misunderstanding of mine, lines in the fact that I came to this board originally by a hyperlink within IrelandOFFline.

No dam wonder none of my associates has ever mentioned to me what they thought of this blinkin board. Yes we all make mistakes even me.

Still, I am very glad that I did find this board as I still say it's one of the best there is so there, you all seem a pretty fine bunch to me.

Yours
    Alias Bob
    :confused:

To PPC & Co

who?
    Oooops I may have to stand corrected, dam it.

i wont point out the obvious spelling mistake. it was probably a typo or some such. it happens, oh well....
    As you may or may not know from prior posts of mine, that I have been singing praises of the flippin Message Board of yours saying that it was called," IrelandOFFline."

nope, the big CLOUD BOARDS gives it away a little i think. but thats a personal thing.
    I believe the reason for this misunderstanding of mine, lines in the fact that I came to this board originally by a hyperlink within IrelandOFFline.

fair enough, although ive never been to the ireland offline.
    by the way, ireland offline is a bas7ardisation of ireland online which is an ISP what doesnt give a very good service.
    No dam wonder none of my associates has ever mentioned to me what they thought of this blinkin board. Yes we all make mistakes even me.
    :

mayeb they are posting here under an assumed name?
    Still, I am very glad that I did find this board as I still say it's one of the best there is so there, you all seem a pretty fine bunch to me.

well, you should probably post it up in the admin board or something.
    im quiet sure they would appreciate it there and you will get more viewings.
    most people here are nice enough when you get used to them.
    some people, myself included, take longer to get used to purely becuase of 'argumentative' tendencies.
    but because i will call something in one of your posts a load of rubbish, does not mean a personal attack on you. i may agree with you on another thread.
    and you will find that often enough if you read carefully, beneath the cynacism and sarcasm theres usually something worth reading.
    also, people seem to think that as a mod im not allowed to get into a discussion or have a flame war, or just annoy people. yes i am. if i was an evil power hungry mod, i would have edited your posts, if not just deleted the thread, but i believe in having a fair say, so if i say something, then i beliece you should at least have the oppertunity to say something back.
    alias bob you are always welcome here, and yes we are nice.
    but...
    people tend not to enjoy having an opinion stuffed down throats, so i would say that you should perhaps tone down your posts. turn them from 'you should' into 'did you know' posts.
    just advice from an angry young man ;)
    have a good weekend, im going home now to get drunk!

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    well, you should probably post it up in the admin board or something.
    im quiet sure they would appreciate it there and you will get more viewings.
    most people here are nice enough when you get used to them.
    some people, myself included, take longer to get used to purely becuase of 'argumentative' tendencies.
    but because i will call something in one of your posts a load of rubbish, does not mean a personal attack on you. i may agree with you on another thread.
    and you will find that often enough if you read carefully, beneath the cynacism and sarcasm theres usually something worth reading.
    also, people seem to think that as a mod im not allowed to get into a discussion or have a flame war, or just annoy people. yes i am. if i was an evil power hungry mod, i would have edited your posts, if not just deleted the thread, but i believe in having a fair say, so if i say something, then i beliece you should at least have the oppertunity to say something back.
    alias bob you are always welcome here, and yes we are nice.
    but...
    people tend not to enjoy having an opinion stuffed down throats, so i would say that you should perhaps tone down your posts. turn them from 'you should' into 'did you know' posts.
    have a good weekend, im going home now to get drunk!
    i was gonna pick bits out of this and comment on them but i decided to just give them one big BUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

but this bit
    wwman u were a young man 20 years ago, now you're an old fart who rides around in his convertable trying to cling to the last days of your ever fleeting life.

Originally posted by azezil

i was gonna pick bits out of this and comment on them but i decided to just give them one big BUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

but this bit
    wwman u were a young man 20 years ago, now you're an old fart who rides around in his convertable trying to cling to the last days of your ever fleeting life.

you are definately going to be cum-bítch Az, one of these days you really are :)

cum-bítch
    is that some kind of old man thing?
    Or is it a typo, you know old man, eyesight failing n all that.

Advertisement