Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music DVD's

Options
  • 03-03-2002 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

I never bought many live concerts and stuff on VHS but with the great quality in DVD and the ability to skip to a track I figure it's well worth buying some.

I already have the Pearl Jam, Jeff Buckley and Jimi Hendrix one which are all great. Anybody have suggestions for other good ones to buy, any kind of music. Apart from the Metallica ones that is, I know everyone's gonna start recommending them :)

I already thinking of getting Clapton unplugged, the Portishead one and the David Gray one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Rage Against The Machine - Live In Mexico City

What Jeff Buckley one have you got ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Ummm the only Jeff Buckley one as far as I know, "Live in chicago" I bought it on VHS a whiel ago which i know regret as the DVD has him doing two extra acoustic tracks at the end, which is apparently the best part.

As for the video itself it's good but not brilliant, I have loads of Jeff concerts on audio bootleg and a lot sound much better than the one on the video, I think he was a bit nervous in front of the camera. Still though I'm a big fan so I love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I got:

Emperor - Emperial Live Ceremony
    Nightwish - From Wishes to Eternity
    Cradle of Filth - Heavy Left Handed and Candid
    Mayhem - Live in Marseille 2000

All pretty much brilliant.

I definetly agree with you about the whole skipping tracks and suchlike, DVDs are just brilliant for such.

For extras and such, the Cradle DVD is the best.
    A few music videos and other kind of junk.
    All the backstage footage, and touring footage and all is simply fantastic.
    Some of the most sick, depraved junk out there.
    Better than Tom Green and Jackass together!

One rather lovely part involves keyboarder Martin pouring a jar of his own piss into a lampshade, then stumbling and bringing the whole thing down on top of him.
    Martin also downs a full ashtray!
    Lets see Johnny Knoxville do better. :)

I dunno would that kinda music be up your alley, but they're all quality DVDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Originally posted by AngelWhore

I definetly agree with you about the whole skipping tracks and suchlike, DVDs are just brilliant for such.

One rather lovely part involves keyboarder Martin pouring a jar of his own piss into a lampshade, then stumbling and bringing the whole thing down on top of him.
    Martin also downs a full ashtray!
    Lets see Johnny Knoxville do better. :)

heheh also handy for skipping PAST bits of DVD's you don't want to watch repeatedly aswell :)

Anyway yeh that stuff isn't really what I'm into, but I've never listened to any of it really so Perhaps sometime in the future Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by alb
    heheh also handy for skipping PAST bits of DVD's you don't want to watch repeatedly aswell :)

Anyway yeh that stuff isn't really what I'm into, but I've never listened to any of it really so Perhaps sometime in the future Cheers

Ah, it's just great for flicking around, and switching to different songs.
    It's like inventing your own set-list even!
    ENCORE! ENCORE! All you do is press a button.

• Advertisement
Advertisement