Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilled...

Options
  • 03-03-2002 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

What music do you listen to when you're chilling out? for me it's air, dj shadow, boards of canada or aphex twin's selected ambient works vol 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

I enjoy listening to Jack Hylands great raido programs!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

But seriously its gotta be Radiohead(kid a), Air,
    songs from a small room, Van Morrison and Miles Davis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Anathema, David Bowie, Katatonia, Switchblade Symphony, Joy Division, My Dying Bride, Opeth, Mortiis, Fields Of The Nephilim.

Great to mellow out to.

Maybe some older Dimmu Borgir, quite shockingly they used to be extremely mellow, kinda atmospheric.

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Thomas Leeb, Nick Drake, Pierre Bensusan, classical music, the No.1 chilled out album in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

vast majority of the music i have is for lying back to.. although i wouldnt go near my dj shadow cds when im trying to chill tbh :)

neil young (harvest moon), miles davis (sketchs of spain/kind of blue, basically the davis/evans stuff), pink floyd (meddle/wywh), spiritualized (lazer guided melodies), bjork (fireworks), BOC, roger waters (pros & cons of hitchhiking), funki porcini, beth orton, sparklehorse, yo la tengo.. list goes on and on...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

martin hayes and dennis cahill - live in seattle
    j.s. bach - cantatas
    velvet underground - vu and nico
    r.e.m. - automatic for the people

but then i usually play my own chill-out music... :) aaaah, listening to the sound of a 12 string guitar as it lingers...

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Air - Premiers Symptomes
    Nightmares On Wax - Carboot Soul
    Groove Armada - Vertigo
    Massive Attack - Blue Lines
    Thievery Corporation - The Mirror Conspiracy
    Selected Orbital, Spiritualized, The Orb, Leftfield, Chemical Brothers, K&D, Aphex Twin, Portishead tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Incubus Succubus, Anathema, Noir Desir, Stratovarius, JS Bach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Fun Lovin Criminals, Moby, Pixies

Advertisement