Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The POD is a ****e venue

Options
  • 03-03-2002 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

i saw ickarus line last night and they rocked the casbah.

Redneck manifesto kicked ass in support.

Large Mound also supported and if you're out there lads yis are ****te. Large Mound of steaming pooh,you boring bastards give rock a bad name.

fin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

*sigh* i hate you clevenger, so you didnt like Large Mound? I really dont care if you liked them or not, i'm guessing that noone is going to care what you thought of them... however, i do know that as a band, they no doubt put ALOT of effort into their music and you attacking them personally really just sh!ts on what they do... I know alot of people in bands and I know that these people live and die by their band, the blood sweat and tears that goes into starting a band and getting recogised is greater than you know. so, you obviously either have no idea or... you are just a twat (or both)...

if you dont have anything nice to say, keep your dumbass mouth shut... you gimp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

"if you dont have anything nice to say, keep your dumbass mouth shut... you gimp."

nice contradiction there sean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 gouty

I'm in Large Mound and i'd have to go with Clevenger on this one, we're not very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

Originally posted by p-t saviour
    however, i do know that as a band, they no doubt put ALOT of effort into their music and you attacking them personally really just sh!ts on what they do... I know alot of people in bands and I know that these people live and die by their band, the blood sweat and tears that goes into starting a band and getting recogised is greater than you know

Yeah like anyone gives a **** if there ****e there're ****e "i'm in a band i know the score blah blah blah" ah save it until your older Mr. Creme bruleé

Its a **** business you'll find out someday..........

P.s i havent heard large mound and i have no opinion on their music :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

large mound are ****ing great
    their lp 'raised on rock', launched this month, is absolutely incredible.
    www.largemound.com

• Advertisement

raggamuffin, i would retalliate... exept i must respect the League reference... it's a shít business.

Les McQueen is a rock GOD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭clevenger

my, how worked up people get.

i reserve the right to call any band ****. political correctness my arse. i was nice about two bands in that post that i'd never seen live before, so at least i'm balanced.

as for blood sweat and tears, don't make me laugh. putting your heart and soul into your music sounds so noble, but for all his passion Chris DeBurg still blows goats. there's too much niceness about.If i took to the easel tomorrow and began to express myself,my heart and soul through watercolours or through the medium of contemporary dance i would end up with **** art and crap dancing, and though there's nought wrong with me doing either of these, i gotta be open to criticism.

People are so ****king naive,not evertone who puts there heart and soul into a song comes out with a good one. IOU by Posh Spice she alleges she wrote with her "heart and soul". now come on all i'm waiting for the "people in bands try so hard blah blah the industry is so against new talent,look at the awards moan moan" screw you all. You've got phantom(who have Tara who openly invites new bands to come in to play she says it every saturday) and xfm, you've got the phenomenon of viabley cheap home recording, plenty of pubs to play in not to mention people like garageland/gigsmart/blast/thumped who i'm sure some of you are involved in,

so stop moaning about whats wrong with others and the world and go write interesting,new,original music. Less derivitave aspirational crap and moaning when someone says: you know what, some music is ****.

Corpo you'v ebeen right before and i like your band also sorry i could'nt goto the POd (no cash) interested in lettin me film you guys in action?

Yeah **** political correctness,,,,,

nah hes right who cares about niceness yey i agree clevenger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

hey ragamuffin what kind of filming do u do????????????

Yes, some music is sh!t, in fact alot of it is. All I'm saying is, try to humour the bands (good or bad), they do put alot of effort in, so dont go outta your way to tell them that they suck.

It's nice to be nice.... am i wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭clevenger

gotta be cruel to be kind.....in the right measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

I have seen loads of intolerably bad music. One band in particular is really not very good and has fans that constanly bash a band that I absolutely Love (and who are clearly more talented in every way imaginable). It is sometimes hard to resist saying what I think but for smaller un-signed or indie bands I try to hold my tounge. With the big acts like Bizkit no holds barred they are very wealthy off bad music some criticism wont be so hurtful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

alot of music on phantomfm is pop music; but because of the chart's pushing this crap music out of the pop genre; they get classed as alt rock-my eye.

so many bands are like this; the typical pop band thing.

they right nice songs,but i don't like it.....

pretty much all indie is what i'm thinking of.
    *i only say pretty much because i can't stand most of it; therfore switch off if it starts getting played*

i dunno i got this camera at cchristmas and i like filming alot i'd do it for free if the damn digital tapes did'nt cost so much hehehe
    nah i'd love to give it a go i think i'd be **** though.....
    i wanted to film bands at venues around dublin ..

Advertisement