Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Online + Affiliation With The Dark Side

Options
  • 04-03-2002 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to know if there is any affilliation between iol and eircom? If anyone can answer that I would be greatful, the reason I'm asking is due to this.... When using my iol connection, if I'm not using it for around the 1 minute mark it will disconnect and if when using my ofree account it will stay on permanently unless I specify a disconnection period. If eircom are affiliated with iol I will be ringing them up and giving them a good piece of my mind as you well know that there is a minimum connection charge with eircom and this is a pitiful way to increase their revenue :rolleyes:

Anyway all help appreciated!

Yurma

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

IOL is a brand of ESAT which is a subsidiary of BT. ESAT buys services off Eircom on a wholesale basis and is also a competitor to Eircom. There may be other trade relationships. That is as far as it goes, officially. Anything further than that would mean a cartel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

It's just strange, paying for a service that's supposed to cost less but it's so bad and slow it's more costly, it does me head in :) ahh well just wait and see what happens with our currently mangled internet situation, thanks skeptic for the info ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

It only costs less (as per IOL's recent advertising campaign) if you're using Esat Fusion as the carrier for the call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Originally posted by Bard
    It only costs less (as per IOL's recent advertising campaign) if you're using Esat Fusion as the carrier for the call.

Our telecoms companies fine print is actually invisible. Ahh well dum de dum lets wait and see if anything good internet access wise comes in the not so distant future :confused:

Advertisement