Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Esat SNL gone to ISDN caus it works for me

• 17-02-2001 5:09pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ive just connected to Esat Surf No Limits at 64,000bps using my eircon diva, last time i tried this it didnt work as I was told ESAT cant work with isdn... I have a picture for proof but cant seem to upload pictures here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

bugger i hope so ill give it a go. Hope your not winding me up lol.

Stone biggrin.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im not winding u up dude, it really has worked but im still not convinced, if I disconnect will it work again i wonder. but so far heres the performance of ESAT snl under isdn;

web browsing no faster then when I was using my modem, its still REALLY slow.

Download rates are about 7.5k/sec

Pings to English CS servers 75-150 with some lag, definitely not nearly as smooth as Oceanfree but hey its Free! sort of

Gonzo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I disconnected and retryed it again to see that it would work again and it didnt (:
    It sed the computer your dialing into did not answer. So its back to 56k again, oh well.

Gonzo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fury361

It works for me on ISDN,but if you disconnect
    and reconnect you might get as far as the verifying password bit then it goes into it's can't connect jargon, but you will
    get on again just let it keep trying.
    As far as speeds go it's not much better than 56k but as you say it's free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

you sure you didnt just have your analogue port connected?, if thats the case you would dial in fine, and get an improved line stability than normal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Eh, it just worked for me there too ... I connected to it 64kbps ... couldn't believe it. The only thing is - it actually couldn't send or recieve any data when connected, so it's borked some how - what network settings do you use Gonzo ?

FREE LUNCH FRENZY HEHEHE
    Im not convinced sadly i get a equipment differs ect ect and im using an icon diva but i dont have the isdn anolog dohicky eircom dishes out im using interanl card straight from an isdn jack.I may give it another bash tho hehe.
    just wondered if your using channel 0 or 1 or are you using 75x/120x modem thang ?.Dont ask what there for as i havent ever found a use for them.

Stone biggrin.gif

Ok just tried snl again wont work with any local numbers for me just the dub 1 and then i cant connect as i dont have a proper pw hehehe.you dubber bubbas luck out again BOOOO HISSSS biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by THE SPERMINATOR (edited 19-02-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

tested it out a bit more. Takes about 15 mins to connect (yawn). Once it does it sometimes doesn't even work but i've gotten it working for 13 mins, and then 24 mins ... and after that it would just die. Not disconnect but just stop sending/recieving data. ****ing wierd... probably just the really crap esat service.

Hehehe i reckon its not suposed to be there but someones screwed up and now joe public can access it before its actualy ready.Or it could be going through testing and you lot stumbled into coz someone left the door open.Hear the sound of testys being slammed in draws before long ill bet hehe

Stone biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Eh stone, the "75x/120x" IS the analogue modem emulation. I got it working before, not on esat though. It connects at 33.6k, so tis ****e. All the connections from the eicon diva, go out over the rj45 port. If it has an extra, circular port, thats a POTS port for plugging analogue phones into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

got on snl at 64kb tonite smile.gif

pings 80-120 on games1.iol.ie, stayed solid for about and hour before it dropped me. no pl or lag, just higher than normal ping for isdn.

ESAT sales state they will support ISDN later in the year. its possible that they've started putting in the equipment and yer getting connected to it .... hmm ... anyone get on or try with 128k? 128k flat rate would do me nicely smile.gif

Hehehe Gerry figured it was a analog duberry that's why i was wondering as i remember some one here before mentioned they had analog access as well as isdn through the eircom box they were given i couldn't see this myself as i thought they changed the through box at the exchange.I admit i know nothing on the way eircom runs things but strangely enough neither do they hehehehe.

Stone biggrin.gif

PS GWAN butch hehehe

[This message has been edited by THE SPERMINATOR (edited 20-02-2001).]

I now connect to Esat Snl with ISDN 64bps every time now so no more 56k modem needed smile.gif

But yeah its not nearly as stable as Oceanfree/BuyandSEll.

I connect to ESAT with ISDN using the Eircon ISDN RNA Modem settings not the Channe1 0/ 1 options.

Someone sed earlier could 128k be possible with this but i wouldnt even try as I think your account is only set up for one phone number, it would not work with a second one unless you set up an account for that one too.

Gonzo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

i have the form at home to add my second number to the account, realy should send it off biggrin.gif

be nice if it does work at 128k, but cant they track u using it?

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

wooohooo its working.....now to send off the form and see can i get duel!!!!

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

SWines i h8 you all hahaahah

Do you have to set up an account with esat to get a pw or what ?Help meeeeeee i neeeed flat rate heheheeh
    any help would be appreciated thx

Stone biggrin.gif

Bad News Sutty, I went to dial up to Esat this evening same way as past few days and its not having any of it, back on 56k for Esat im afraid, maybe we can only access Esat SNL with ISDN at certain times when they are testing ISDN. However i'll keep trying every night to try and gain access with it.

Gonzo

LOL

the fact that they have some isdn equipment in there is good news, i doubt they're sticking it in just for the laugh, hopefully they'll move on flatrate isdn soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Just a thought here. If your connecting using ISDN, I presume that thats not the line you registered with ESAT NoLimits therefore you won't benefit from the nolimits package, you'll just get charged local rates frown.gif correct me if I'm wrong here...

you _are_ wrong there, it is the line i was accessing the analogue service on, the joys of hi-speed. remember back when you registered yer phone # for snl, it wouldn't let you connect until they'd setup your account, its a different phone # user/pass or summit for the local rate service ..... i think. i could be wrong tho smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

"the fact that they have some isdn equipment in there is good news, i doubt they're sticking it in just for the laugh, hopefully they'll move on flatrate isdn soon."

they always had isdn compatible equipment (cisco 5xxx s with, I'd guess, mica modems for analog). They just need to set it up to allow isdn access. Its purely a marketing or interconnect regulatory issue
    jd

Advertisement